Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What this circuit does?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonel

What´s the use of putting two transistor collectors shunted like the circuit in attachement! I don´t understand what this circuit does! Can anybody explain me? Thank you!

Attachments

• imagem_esquema.jpg
    imagem_esquema.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,001
leonel said:
What´s the use of putting two transistor collectors shunted like the circuit in attachement! I don´t understand what this circuit does! Can anybody explain me? Thank you!

It's a simple logic gate, either OR or NAND, depending on the logic polarity used.

leonel said:
It looks like a "wired OR gate".

The collectors of Q2 & Q3 are low when one or the other (or both) transistor is on.

It can only go high when both transistors are off.

As I can't see the rest of the circuit, I don't know what the objective is.

len

Here it is the all circuit...
Can you give me the circuits basic ideia?
Thank you...

Attachments

• esquema_total.jpg
    esquema_total.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 978
The letters are too small to read.

Can you convert it to a .gif ?

Or partition it into larger sections.

Len

Hello.
Here´s the *.gif. If you can´t read please say I´ll convert into different designs.
Thank you

Attachments

• esquema_total.gif
    esquema_total.gif
    37.4 KB · Views: 905
leonel said:
Hello.
Here´s the *.gif. If you can´t read please say I´ll convert into different designs.
Thank you

It doesn't help at all, because you've only converted the previous JPG to GIF, the JPG (as well as being far larger than a GIF) has already lost all the detail of the diagram, so converting the JPG to a GIF doesn't help at all. You need to start with a decent quality format, THEN convert it to GIF, any package should be able to generate a BMP (which is HUGE!), then convert that to GIF. I would also suggest you make the picture a bit bigger, even at good quality it's a bit small to see.

I agree with Nigel.

I draw circuits using PowerPoint and then convert them to .gif or .png

Len

New schema

Here´s a new schema. My voltage regulator is 18V, and, almost, my resistances values are 490K and 5K6.
Thank you.
Regards
Leonel Monteiro

Attachments

• esquema_total_616.gif
    esquema_total_616.gif
    15.1 KB · Views: 899
I put the resistances values... My transistor is BC547. If this helps... If it doesn't helps, that´s ok, i'll try other solution.
Regards

Attachments

• esquema_total_873.gif
    esquema_total_873.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 873
Hi,
With the bases of a few transistors being fed from a 490k to 5.6k voltage divider, the input signal must be at least 57.5V for the transistors to begin to turn on. Where is such a high voltage coming from?

I agree with Audioguru. The "490k" resistors must be much lower.

I have extracted the essential elements of the circuit and have redrawn it in a recognisable configuration. I could not read the transistor numbers, so I labelled them myself.

Q1 and Q2 are configured as a Set/Reset Flip Flop. it is set and reset by transistors Q3 and Q4.

Assume that A and B are low, and Q1 is on, therefore Q2 is off. If a high is applied to A, Q4 is turned on, but no change will occur since Q1 is on. But if a high is applied to B (with A low), Q3 will turn on, this will turn Q1 off and so Q2 will turn on.

The FF is now in its other state Q2 on Q1 off. Now if a high is applied to A (with B low), Q4 will turn on, this will turn Q2 off and so Q1 will turn on.

The FF is now in its initial state.

Len

Attachments

• circuit_extract.gif
    circuit_extract.gif
    21.2 KB · Views: 481
Confused

In the image i have 4 input possibilities
0 0
0 1
1 0
1 1

What´s the state of my output in each possibility?
I don´t understand if for example A=1 and B=0. With A my output=0 and for B my output=1. There´s a conflict between each transistor! It´s possible having this configuration?
Please help me... i´m confused.

Attachments

• transistores.jpg
    transistores.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 407
Hi Leonel,
It's an OR gate with an inverted output. The output is low if A or B or both are high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back