Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What kind of modulation is used in this waveform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravehamid

In the XBEE module datasheet, it is mentioned that the Moore modulation used in it is FSK, but the spectrum observed is as follows. Which modulation is related to this shape?
1.jpeg

What is "Moore modulation"?

Well, the spectrum is not familiar to me. It doesn't look like the kinds of FSK that I have worked with. It is hard to guess the modulation characteristics from this sort of picture. If the total span of the screen is 500KHz, then I assume each horz division is 62.5 KHz which means that those sidebands are equally spaced at about 8.9 KHz apart, and with higher power sidebands at 89 KHz before the level drops away. Are those numbers close to anything familiar in your expectation?

You were almost right.
The side bands are about 12.5 kHz(These side bands are not repeated in all waveforms, )but,there is a peak in all the waveforms in the 125 kHz band.
My datarate is 115,200 kbps and has a frequencyhopping of 902-928 MHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back