Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is this part question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bd13

I just found a part on an semi-old telephone (5+years) and i'm wondering what exactly the part is.

description:
its a small black box, looks like a small relay (really small) about 3/8" high and about 7/16" long, bottum is concave a little and has 5 pins coming out in this pattern: (o=pin)
-----------
| o|
|o o o o|
-----------

i hoping its some really small relay, and it does have enough pins to be a DPST. reply if you need more info, thanks.

Good day BD,

Does your part have any markings, or part numbers?

Do you have access to a digital camera? Maybe a clear snapshot would help someone to determine the gem that you have.

:D

all it says on top is "55E"and then a "e" below the big E and as for a picture i thought i could get away with a discription because the part isn't that complex, its simply a small black box with 4 pins equally spaced on one side of the bottum and only one pin on the opposite side near the right.

bd13 said:
all it says on top is "55E"and then a "e" below the big E and as for a picture i thought i could get away with a discription because the part isn't that complex, its simply a small black box with 4 pins equally spaced on one side of the bottum and only one pin on the opposite side near the right.

Give some dimensions... small to you may or may not be what the rest of us considers small.

ALso, quickly with a DMM try measuring the ohms through some pin combinations for possible clues... for example, if it is a relay and happens to have a normally closed contact pair, you should be able to find two pins that look shorted that are not shorted externally.. or it might be a passive part like some coupled inductors or a pulse transformer..

It might be a semiconductor and that one odd pin by itself could just be there for mounting purposes and not connected to anything.

well i did get dementions above, so there is the size. (width and height are the same)
lets say these are the pin numbers:

the only thing i can find is that pins 3&4 have very little resistance between them, all the rest seem to have no connection. and i have tried using LEDS and then applying voltage to various pins and nothing happened.

That's an Illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator. Be careful with it.

No wait, ur all wrong . . .

That is the continuum transfunctioner . . . it's power is exceeded only by it's mystery.

no seriously, I typed in 55E n 55Ee in google n couldnt find nething

They used to put explosives in the phones but they decided it was sufficient that people exploded when they got the phone bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back