Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is clamp on ammeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

samina

I am going to use a clamp on ammeter in my next practical. can anyone please tell me something about it?

Do you mean an AC current clamp-on probe? Not sure what other clamp you might be referring to.

AC Current probes clamp around a wire and measure the current going through it. It's basically just a coil inside that makes a small little transformer with the wire itself.

Can be A.C. or D.C. clamp-on ampmeter. D.C. must use Hall-effect sensor which have become common in new meters.

It measures current by measuring magnetic field generated by current flow in a wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back