Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What happened in the other neighborhood

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I started to post my 2 penneth here, RK kept replying with strange stuff , thought it was a language thing, but I began to believe RK was a robot....

When I started to post my 2 penneth here, RK kept replying with strange stuff , thought it was a language thing, but I began to believe RK was a robot....
Now that sounds like a conspiracy theory to me! LOCK, LOCK, LOCK :D.

The part I dislike with over unity is the main players who 'develop' the technology know its a con, they would have to know. Then you get the clueless who blindly follow and because they cant explain what they see in a rational way claim it works!

If there was such a thing as a free lunch I would be eating it ;). I like the starship coils and magnet motors though, while clearly not over unity the starship wound coils do look good on some projects and the loss in efficiency isnt to bad to live with. Magnet motors (all types) just look cool and make a great base for POV projects. I have used both for such things but I am not stupid enough to think there is VOODOO in them wires :D

Last edited:

I thought the same. Kind of Eliza's boyfriend but in writing. It went to my list quite early.

Last edited:
To me the wisest choice would be just to not participate in the critique of another site if yours is not bulletproof.

No forum will ever be bulletproof, but anyone with a brain can see when a forum is being taken over by trolls and power-drunk moderators. That problem at AAC seems a bit more serious than any here, if you ask me.

What Matt said ^^^

So true :)

I do not post much here anymore. Not that much time on my hands these days. Other stuff to do.

FWIW though...I always call a spade a spade. I cannot "pretend" false genuineness...like speak well in front of the person...and when they are not looking...talk crap behind their back....I am not made like that.

The only thing I know is the truth. Nothing else. Some like it and some don't. Deal with it.

I walk a long straight road. No curves and corners to catch me out. If I regard you as a friend....you have earned my respect.
It does not matter what you might think of me....it's about what I think of you :)

Think about that for a while.

Regards,
tv

What Matt said ^^^

So true :)

I do not post much here anymore. Not that much time on my hands these days. Other stuff to do.

FWIW though...I always call a spade a spade. I cannot "pretend" false genuineness...like speak well in front of the person...and when they are not looking...talk crap behind their back....I am not made like that.

The only thing I know is the truth. Nothing else. Some like it and some don't. Deal with it.

I walk a long straight road. No curves and corners to catch me out. If I regard you as a friend....you have earned my respect.
It does not matter what you might think of me....it's about what I think of you :)

Think about that for a while.

Regards,
tv
Ok. Good to know more about you. But I'm still no closer to understanding who you're talking to.
I'll ask a simpler question: do you have beef with me, because I came here from AAC?

And one last thing..

Moderators here might not necessarily like me. They probably have no reason to. They have a job to do. That is to keep the Forum running smoothly with minimum disruptions.

And play it fair. Always. No nasty surprises or posts deleted and .......all the other bad stuff.

So, coming to my point.....Moderation here is practiced with sensibility and thought. Not the rule book says that "in that case...do that"...or when that happens "do this....."

Nah. None of that here.

People running the show here can think on their feet. And make sensible decisions. The rules are a guideline.....not cast in stone.

No ego trips here. Just a nice place to call home :)

tv

Ok. Good to know more about you. But I'm still no closer to understanding who you're talking to.
I'll ask a simpler question: do you have beef with me, because I came here from AAC?

TBH stantor....I cannot remember who the people were that gave me a hard time there...

AAC just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Regards,
tv

As I've mentioned to tvtech a few times, he's ETO's version of Loosie. Asked him if he was "loosie in disguise" IIRC.

Good, straight talking people I have a lot of time for. I know where I stand with them.
And that can only end well...

So, in line with my general outlook on life, I have no beef with AAC ex or present members. No beef.
The stuff happened years ago. Just want to remind people not to feel smug and proud when things are going well for them......

If things are going well than ride the wave. Always stay humble and be true to yourself.....never ever take the piss out of someone taking strain at the time when you are flying....

I love you all. I just need to respect you. And that you have to earn.

Regards,
tv

Last edited:
Interestingly enough....TCM and I were at loggerheads back then. Lots of stuff.

But you know what? In spite of EVERYTHING that happened....he manned up and dealt with issues. I gave him flack back then. And he handled the stuff.

So, does TCM like me.....probably not. BUT I respect him because he also tells it like it is.

Tough times reveal the very best in good people and the worst in the useless ones....

Regards,
tv

Well I really didn't mind AAC. I am still a member. I joined here because a lot of my old friends came over. And I am still a member over there. Yeah the mods went a little overboard at times but I really did not think it was that big of a deal.

I do whole heatedly agree with shortbus's comment above. The commercialization of AAC ruined it.

Though some things I have seen in this thread bother me. Personal attacks really should be old of bounds. Someone's personal live is their own business and people shouldn't be commenting unless invited by that person.

The mods on AAC were only following the rules set by the owners under the old automotive rules. It is really unfair to be critical of someone that is enforcing the rules of the owner. I have never seen any harsh words used against those posting automotive questions. They were simply referred to the rules and the thread locked. Frankly if I owned a forum, I would really need to think about if I wanted subjects like that discussed.

I will be checking in here pretty regular now. I hope to be welcome on both forums.

It was real good until it went commercial. And a certain mod started the "my way or the highway" stuff.
When I did look at it along time ago I was not impressed. It was like a bunch of kids playing.
The same kind of thing happens in the pyro forums too.
One is commercial and that where all the wannabes hang out.
And the non commercial one is where all the real men hang out.
I may still have a screen name over there.

Well I really didn't mind AAC. I am still a member. I joined here because a lot of my old friends came over. And I am still a member over there. Yeah the mods went a little overboard at times but I really did not think it was that big of a deal.

I do whole heatedly agree with shortbus's comment above. The commercialization of AAC ruined it.

Though some things I have seen in this thread bother me. Personal attacks really should be old of bounds. Someone's personal live is their own business and people shouldn't be commenting unless invited by that person.

The mods on AAC were only following the rules set by the owners under the old automotive rules. It is really unfair to be critical of someone that is enforcing the rules of the owner. I have never seen any harsh words used against those posting automotive questions. They were simply referred to the rules and the thread locked. Frankly if I owned a forum, I would really need to think about if I wanted subjects like that discussed.

I will be checking in here pretty regular now. I hope to be welcome on both forums.

What is the problem with automotive questions?

Last edited:
Though some things I have seen in this thread bother me. Personal attacks really should be old of bounds.

Which personal attacks are you referring to? We were trying to keep this thread clear of that. Factual comments about someone's behavior is one thing, but personal attacks still aren't allowed here.

What is the problue with automotive questions?

I think the concern was with the legal implications. If someone illegally modified their car (changed certain signals, or tampered with the computer, etc) and it caused issues with its operation, that's a legal issue and the forum didn't want to support that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back