Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What happened in the other neighborhood

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see AAC is off line at the moment. Did someone do something naughty to them or did certain members pomposity finally implode the whole site right off the internet? o_O

Somebody must have accidentally unplugged the extension cord that powered the router in the closet and it took awhile before anyone over there noticed. :oops:

Funny how things change. Die hards change sides when they previously swore allegiance to one forum/party whatever.

When all goes pear shaped.....and they are unhappy....ETO is suddenly a "good place"......... Arrogant AAC members hammered me a few years ago with the crap we had here. I was not welcome there. I was laughed at. Bunch of arrogant a** holes thought they ruled the show....were laughing at ETO with its problems at the time. All powerful AAC. Feel it now.

Its your turn. No sympathy here.

Man up and deal with it.

tv

Yea, that and reading thru 100 posts and then finding "I have the same problem."
For some reason I never look at the dates.
THIS^^

This is the one and only issue I have with "necroposting." It's MY problem, I know, but still a problem. If the forum could be set up to put a different background shade on posts older than X weeks (or whatever time frame) then that would immediately clue me in that I'm reading an old thread. I'd skip to the end, see what the new post is about and if I need to refer to earlier posts for context, and proceed to reply or catch myself up first.

I don't want to revisit the drama that this suggestion caused on AAC so I'll leave it at that; you have my suggestion and I think it would solve a lot of problems.

Lets face it which would you rather put up with? NRCRO POSTING or NECROPHILIA? I know which I prefer :D.

necro posting is a PITA while necrophilia is dead boring :d:D

If the forum could be set up to put a different background shade on posts older than X weeks (or whatever time frame) then that would immediately clue me in that I'm reading an old thread.
There was a feature here which warned that you were posting in an old thread, but it was lost in one of the forum software updates and never re-instated.

JimB

I see AAC is off line at the moment. Did someone do something naughty to them or did certain members pomposity finally implode the whole site right off the internet? o_O
Funny how things change. Die hards change sides when they previously swore allegiance to one forum/party whatever.

When all goes pear shaped.....and they are unhappy....ETO is suddenly a "good place"......... Arrogant AAC members hammered me a few years ago with the crap we had here. I was not welcome there. I was laughed at. Bunch of arrogant a** holes thought they ruled the show....were laughing at ETO with its problems at the time. All powerful AAC. Feel it now.

Man up and deal with it.

tv
I just want you to know. No matter what happens, I will always like your avatar!
images

I just want you to know. No matter what happens, I will always like your avatar!
images
If thats a pic of TVTech then perhaps someone should have flown to SA for treatment ;), looks like TV's was better :D. I have just noticed his name and avatar!! TV!! OO maybe its a subtle hint of why he was away so long ;).

So mr Tv Tech, does the TV part mean you like to erm.........borrow ladies clothes? and is that a pic of you in your avatar? If it is I can fully understand why your not welcome over there (meoooowwwww) :p

There was a feature here which warned that you were posting in an old thread, but it was lost in one of the forum software updates and never re-instated.

JimB
AAC has that feature but unfortunately it doesn't prove its worth until you've already read pages of posts. Pretty sad how one (me) can read 5 pages and never notice the timestamps on each post. Sad, but true.

Are you sure he's not talking about MY avatar? :woot:

Are you sure he's not talking about MY avatar? :woot:
I am sure!! but I was wondering why you had a pic of wendy as an avatar?

Man up and deal with it.

tv

Who is that directed at? AAC moderator team? The recent diaspora of AAC refugees here in ETO? Someone(s) specific at AAC?

When I first read that, I interpreted it to be aimed at anyone with an account at AAC, and I interpreted it to be serious, and in-your-face. I waited an hour and re-read it and it seems more like something someone would say in a sports discussion between friends, making jabs about team loyalty, and then having a laugh about it. And now I don't know who it's addressed to either. Can you clarify?

It looks like they solved the necro-posting by making you check that box to post on an old thread.
At AAC now.jpg

It looks like they solved the necro-posting by making you check that box to post on an old thread.

No, they tried to solve it that way. That box has been used for more than a year and it is even more irritating because, no matter what a poster says, the thread is locked. He/she can say,
-"hey, did you ever solve that problem"
-"I have that problem, too - it is a real thing and the OP is not just imagining that"
-"here is the solution I found,..."
-"I like tomatoes"

In all cases the thread is locked. So, as I said over there, "what is the point of the warning if the thread is locked anyhow?" And, in that the first post of that thread, I asked what could a user ask/comment that would be acceptable and not result in a thread being locked? I have not heard an answer.

I assume it is some type of SEO statistic or other metric they are trying to improve (More posts = more better?). Likely the same reason they only have one "like" button and no agree button. About 10% of posts are something like, "I agree with USER_X" or "USER_X is right".

I am sure!! but I was wondering why you had a pic of wendy as an avatar?

I wasn't. I've always been a magnet for those who tend to have less than standard views and or expectations of life. :facepalm:

Everything starts out fine and dandy then one day some tiny little fuse on some critical yet poorly documented control circuit in their head blows out and life is never the same after. :banghead:

Everything on their master control panel still works but anything that had variable adjustment and or feedback capability now only works at full on or full off and they don't even notice it. :eek:

Who is that directed at? AAC moderator team? The recent diaspora of AAC refugees here in ETO? Someone(s) specific at AAC?

When I first read that, I interpreted it to be aimed at anyone with an account at AAC, and I interpreted it to be serious, and in-your-face. I waited an hour and re-read it and it seems more like something someone would say in a sports discussion between friends, making jabs about team loyalty, and then having a laugh about it. And now I don't know who it's addressed to either. Can you clarify?
nah thats just a TVtech thing, you get used to it quick enough. Just remember he never means any harm, sometimes it just reads funny ;). A bit like my posts, sometimes I write poorly or I dont get the meaning across

I wasn't. I've always been a magnet for those who tend to have less than standard views and or expectations of life. :facepalm:
We had this discussion at work. The magnets seem to have a unique trait/habit/hobby that attracts those people.

Do you have a visible tattoo (especially a face/neck tattoo)?
Do you drive a motorcycle?
Do you openly complain about multiple ex-wives?
Do you smoke (anything)?
Is it common knowledge that you spent time in jail/prison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back