Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What happened in the other neighborhood

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always write poorly and rarely ever have any meaning behind it but some people sure try and find one anyway. :p

We had this discussion at work. The magnets seem to have a unique trait/habit/hobby that attracts those people.

Do you have a visible tattoo?
Do you drive a motorcycle?
Do you openly complain about multiple ex-wives?
Do you smoke (anything)?
Is it common knowledge that you spent time in jail/prison?

I have no tattoos but I have many visible scars. (It goes with growing up on the farm.)
Yes I have a motorcycle. (But it doesn't run which also relates to growing up on the farm.)
I only have one ex and I complained about her before she was my ex. (because she didn't grow up on a farm.)
No I do not smoke. ( I Grew up on a farm. The busted machinery always did the smoking for me.)
My high school counselor implied that someday I would likely spend time in jail but so far.....

Hmm..... That does explain a few things. :sorry:

I have no tattoos but I have many visible scars. (It goes with growing up on the farm.)
Yes I have a motorcycle. (But it doesn't run which also relates to growing up on the farm.)
I only have one ex and I complained about her before she was my ex. (because she didn't grow up on a farm.)
No I do not smoke. ( I Grew up on a farm. The busted machinery always did the smoking for me.)
My high school counselor implied that someday I would likely spend time in jail but so far.....

Hmm..... That does explain a few things. :sorry:
Maybe my list should be edited. The magnets here who are divorced have been divorced multiple times. Maybe it only takes one ex-wife.

We had this discussion at work. The magnets seem to have a unique trait/habit/hobby that attracts those people.

Do you have a visible tattoo (especially a face/neck tattoo)?
Do you drive a motorcycle?
Do you openly complain about multiple ex-wives?
Do you smoke (anything)?
Is it common knowledge that you spent time in jail/prison?
No to all the above, but I am only 15! give me 2 more years and I might be able to tick a few of those

Well if we can swap motorbike for tractor I have 1 tick. I hate smoke but there is a old cigar somewhere so I could tick 2 if I really wanted to. EX wives mean first getting married, that means a women near my shed. I would rather tick the jail option to be honest!

But it dosnt specify it has to be your ex wife, so in theory i could complain about someone elses and get a tick

Well if we can swap motorbike for tractor I have 1 tick. I hate smoke but there is a old cigar somewhere so I could tick 2 if I really wanted to. EX wives mean first getting married, that means a women near my shed. I would rather tick the jail option to be honest!

But it dosnt specify it has to be your ex wife, so in theory i could complain about someone elses and get a tick
LG, have you considered Law as a profession? I think you have a natural aptitude for it :cool:.

(Boy, has this tread drifted...) (Not that I mind).

LG, have you considered Law as a profession? I think you have a natural aptitude for it :cool:.

(Boy, has this tread drifted...) (Not that I mind).
I did consider law (sort of) but I am told crime dosnt pay so i will give it a miss!

I did consider law (sort of) but I am told crime dosnt pay so i will give it a miss!
Whoever told you that wasn't a very good criminal. Crime doesn't pay honest men and it doesn't pay lousy criminals. But good criminals, that's a different story. Like he said, lawyer.

Whoever told you that wasn't a very good criminal. Crime doesn't pay honest men and it doesn't pay lousy criminals. But good criminals, that's a different story. Like he said, lawyer.
I would rather take a step up the food chain and a pedo than consider becoming a lawyer!! I do have some self respect you know! :p

Actually I am considering moving to India after I leave school, I might go into the LED SIGN business as there dosnt seem much competition for ones that work. I can compete on cost as mine wont need to come with a fire extinguisher!

This is what erks me alot https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/transistor-acting-oppositely-of-what-i-want.120443/

Post#11 Ok its not a great drawing but the guy did say he was a shiny new noob, so i think he has done well considering the efforts we see done with crayon etc. It just came across so flicking pompous! The longer new poster's get treated like the that the quicker the traffic will build here. You read something like that and it makes you really want to see there first 100 attempts at a schematic. Mine are still not gold standard or even bronze to be honest, but it was readable and wasnt done in paint free hand with a blindfold on.

If your looking for fun with rules try one of these from here:
Polemics

Controversial topics such as:
  • politics,
  • religion,
  • politically biased science,
  • climate change,
  • over-unity/free energy,
  • conspiracy theories,
  • space alien abduction,
are not necessarily off limits.

However, unless you can provide scientific proof or evidence, we do not recommend pushing these topics on others.

If not discussed in an open and neutral manner, threads or posts of such topics may be locked or deleted at the discretion of the moderators and/or administrator.

If your looking for fun with rules try one of these from here:
Polemics

Controversial topics such as:
  • politics,
  • religion,
  • politically biased science,
  • climate change,
  • over-unity/free energy,
  • conspiracy theories,
  • space alien abduction,
are not necessarily off limits.

However, unless you can provide scientific proof or evidence, we do not recommend pushing these topics on others.

If not discussed in an open and neutral manner, threads or posts of such topics may be locked or deleted at the discretion of the moderators and/or administrator.

I wouldn't recommend testing these. There is actually a discussion going on among the moderating staff about making the rules for these topics more strict, and no longer "open for discussion". There really is no useful purpose for any threads regarding the above topics, and they can only lead to flaming and/or other problems.

Whats wrong with alien abduction? How else do you think the you tube scientist's learnt how to make over unity motors with bike wheels? I guess as a for profit forum any posts like that creeping onto facebook or twitter would dent the credentials of the site. I do like a good conspiracy theory though:D.

As for over unity your just all in denial!! Its the oil people who dont want you to know you can power your house for free with a magnet driven bike wheel!! That and bike wheel manufacturers conspiring with them so they are not over run with orders for bike wheels. I have PROVED beyond all doubt free energy dose exist, the only reason we cant use it is because its illegal to by pass your electric meter :D

I wouldn't recommend testing these. There is actually a discussion going on among the moderating staff about making the rules for these topics more strict, and no longer "open for discussion". There really is no useful purpose for any threads regarding the above topics, and they can only lead to flaming and/or other problems.
Not a problem for me. :D I'm not even to opposed to moderator discretion, as you know, if it is spelled out. Anyway I think you have my recommendations on this set of rules.
To me the wisest choice would be just to not participate in the critique of another site if yours is not bulletproof.
PS. The list will become very long if you try to put everything on it that people can vigorously debate.

As for over unity your just all in denial!! Its the oil people who dont want you to know you can power your house for free with a magnet driven bike wheel!!
Once upon a time, before I had a single hair on my sack, I let my mind wander to the dark side (before I knew it was the dark side). I envisioned a round disk with banana shaped magnets on it, and magnets outside, and it would spin continuously. I drew it up and scanned it and proposed the idea on a newsgroup. I think my college-level writing style and vocabulary masked my elementary school grasp of physics and I came off as a 40y/o nutjob when in reality I was a 6th grade homeschooled shut-in with no practical knowledge. I was flamed to a crisp; raped, even, to the extent one can be raped from across the internet. It was merciless. I had the first law of thermodynamics forcefully deposited into every tier of my brain. But I learned something about not being an idiot. I think idiots can be trained. Well, I know it. I used to be one. I was trained. Now I'm mostly cured. I think abrasive torture is the way to cure idiocy. Coddling an idiot only ensures they stay an idiot. Even if the abrasive torture doesn't sink in, it's still fun for everyone involved (minus one).

Once upon a time, before I had a single hair on my sack, I let my mind wander to the dark side (before I knew it was the dark side). I envisioned a round disk with banana shaped magnets on it, and magnets outside, and it would spin continuously. I drew it up and scanned it and proposed the idea on a newsgroup. I think my college-level writing style and vocabulary masked my elementary school grasp of physics and I came off as a 40y/o nutjob when in reality I was a 6th grade homeschooled shut-in with no practical knowledge. I was flamed to a crisp; raped, even, to the extent one can be raped from across the internet. It was merciless. I had the first law of thermodynamics forcefully deposited into every tier of my brain. But I learned something about not being an idiot. I think idiots can be trained. Well, I know it. I used to be one. I was trained. Now I'm mostly cured. I think abrasive torture is the way to cure idiocy. Coddling an idiot only ensures they stay an idiot. Even if the abrasive torture doesn't sink in, it's still fun for everyone involved (minus one).

I will allow it when I'm in charge.

I think idiots can be trained. Well, I know it. I used to be one. I was trained. Now I'm mostly cured. I think abrasive torture is the way to cure idiocy. Coddling an idiot only ensures they stay an idiot. Even if the abrasive torture doesn't sink in, it's still fun for everyone involved (minus one).
I tried a number of times to get that point across, that by protecting RK from any form of ridicule-- or even the mildest criticism-- the staff there were keeping him from ever getting beyond his lazy habits and becoming a competent adult. Didn't work.

I tried a number of times to get that point across, that by protecting RK from any form of ridicule-- or even the mildest criticism-- the staff there were keeping him from ever getting beyond his lazy habits and becoming a competent adult. Didn't work.

hi OBW,
Initially over here, RK did ask some interesting questions.
Even though it appeared never to learn from the help given, other members who read the answers, stated that they found the answers helpful to them.

Over time his questions degenerated into time wasting nonsense, which peed off most of the 'helpers', so he got seriously heckled.
He added a new user name, it quickly became obvious that it was RK.

I do not read any of his Threads, here or at AAC.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back