Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What does Vcc stand for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know what Vcc means.

Please tell me or point me in the direction of an answer.

I went looking in uni library but didnt find an answer.

cheers

luke

Luke,
If I can remember correct ,when you are talking of TTL integrated circuits & timers logic 1 (or positive terminal) is referred to as Vcc and COMS types it is referred to as Vdd.

Thanks Ravi

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I am still trying to sort out my circuit. Not that I have had much time to do it.

Thanks for your earlier replies by the way.

cheers

luke

Whenever the supply to a Transister (or TTL circuit) is connected between the collector and ground it is a standard to notify it as Vcc.
If you connect the supply between Base and ground we will call it Vbb
and the same goes with Vee for emitter to ground. Since there is no notion to identify ground (0) this method was simply adopted.
This method is a standard specified by IEEE.
This information was obtained by me from the book 'Digital Electronics' by Malvino and Leech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back