Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What does that mean??? Too many unknown abbreviations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
LG!!

Very good to see you back :cool:.

And you have (somehow or other) an exceptional understanding of the ladies and their perspective. (SPOILER ALERT) - It doesn't change...
Well apparently it does technically change. according to my dad at first they mess with your shed (I have experience of this), but on the other side you get 'Benefits' (only very limited experience of this as I wasnt prepared to have my bench messed with as well) if you let them mess the shed up. BUT once the shed and bench are messed up and you have to spend your cash on food and kids (like my dad) then things get much worse because apparently they stop or at least ration the 'benefits', now I admit the last bit is anecdotal and outside my experience but my dad is a fairly reliable source. I can also confirm he is skint and has to borrow from my parts store (reduced rates seeing as most of it started life in his shed), so yeah I guess it does change but not for the better.
Girls were interesting for a while but science is less hassle and not once have I had a resistor object to being desoldered in favor of a better resistor! I cant say the same when I found a more suitable GF, the previous one wasnt happy at all

vyk9AU5.jpg

Thats a bit fatter than I like my resistors lol I prefer them a bit more on the smd size :D

but, think of wattage of that resistor? that's one big boiler at its rated wattage hehe...

You need an arc furnace to solder it lol, can you imagine what the solder would cost!!

The two wierdest resistors that I bought were: 1 Meg 200 W and an adjustable 1000 W 0.5 ohm resistor. Then comes a 400 Meg resistor. 1 G ohm resistors are wierd too.

The two wierdest resistors that I bought were: 1 Meg 200 W and an adjustable 1000 W 0.5 ohm resistor. Then comes a 400 Meg resistor. 1 G ohm resistors are wierd too.
woa, nice numbers!
You need an arc furnace to solder it lol, can you imagine what the solder would cost!!
haha, needs around 1kg or even more solder? edit: i think more....

The 1 M was a bleeder for a 15 kV @ 1.5A power supply.
The 0.5 ohm was used to simulate an arc lamp load, minus the 40 kV start pulse.
The 400 M was to gobble up Ib (Input bias current) the easy way, so with disconnected leads, the IA (Instrumentation Amp) would read zero.

THen we had
It's all FM ....Magic

T Technical
O Option
N Novice
Y Yucky

An Amway sales person was using some pseudo-science tricks to show how good the products were.

Then I poured water from one glass to half fill the other and put them in the microwave with a pinch of salt in one. After 30 sec, I removed them , placed my hand over the hot one and said now feel this.

Gary350. To sum it up. I know about 85 to 90% of those abbreviations because I have been messing and working on 2 way radios and tvs from the days of the old black and white tvs with the round picture tubes and vacuum tubes in them and when there was tube testers in the local drug store. Knowing what the abbreviations means just comes with been exposed to them.

Some people talk with so many abbreviation I have no clue what they are saying. I think we should all be on the same page.

Here is a list of the abbreviation that I need to know. EL, ECG, SMPS, DVM, ADC, CCA, FAQ, HDMI, SMD, MTU, ECU, RS, ESR, PSU, RFID, SMPS, GSM, FFT, MOV, FRGA, DDL, DMV.

If you do Google search some of these come up with several different possible answers and some have no answer at all?????:arghh:

Here are the abbreviations I know. THHN, CPU, FET, 3PH, RF, MMC, GPS, FM, AM, LED, IC, CMOS, MHZ, LSD, DIY, SCR, TC, SCS, MOT, NPN, PNP, VSVFSG.

There should be a place to look all these up so we dont has to ask, What does that mean?

Gary350. To sum it up. I know about 85 to 90% of those abbreviations because I have been messing and working on 2 way radios and tvs from the days of the old black and white tvs with the round picture tubes and vacuum tubes in them and when there was tube testers in the local drug store. Knowing what the abbreviations means just comes with been exposed to them.

I did TV, radio, tape recorder, amplifier, repairs for a few years. After graduating form college I could not find a job in electronics 1000s of people went to college to learn electronics too many people looking for work and not enough jobs. I have bills to pay and was desperate for a job so I had to take the first thing available. I went into industry did that 40 years and never had time for the electric hobby until I retired. Lots of things have been invented that I don't know about I have been out of it for 40 years. I did do some electronic work in industry like repair circuit boards, design my own equipment, factory electronics, learned to program several equipment controllers, wired the circuit control panels, moved up the ladder to design engineer then plant engineer. I never needed to know all those abbreviations working those type jobs but now I do for the hobby. No one speaks English these days, not on the forums, not on the cell phone, not on face book it is 100s of abbreviations. RQVSVFSG I know this abbreviation I used it for years.

Fezder I think ur quote of " If you are scared of failing, you have failed already....if you dont try, you never know would you have succeeded!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Asking a question is like envelope: do you open it or not?" hits the nail right on the head with 1 extra line "the only dumb question is the one that doesn't get asked"

I never needed to know all those abbreviations working those type jobs but now I do for the hobby. No one speaks English these days, not on the forums, not on the cell phone, not on face book it is 100s of abbreviations. RQVSVFSG I know this abbreviation I used it for years.

It seems this rant is becoming recursive so, let it be...genuinely. :hilarious::smug::p

GOTO here

"the only dumb question is the one that doesn't get asked"
that's nice addition, almost like ''there 'aint no wrong answers, only right questions.....or was is other way round?''

5 seconds of fame

If you worked in the industry, it gets repetitious to use full words. The military prefer 3 letters.
Data Comm guys have more abbreviations than 3 letters can ever provide, which are also used in other industries. e.g. CNA for Cert for Novell Admin
https://www.abbreviations.com/acronyms/TELECOM/99999

Here's an easier one: ascus
John
ascus(noun)
saclike structure in which ascospores are formed through sexual reproduction of ascomycetes
or

Abnormal Squamous Cells Of Unclear Significance

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back