Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What does that mean??? Too many unknown abbreviations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put one speaker behind a thin curtain and tell an Audiophool that it is a cheap one and play it. Then tell the Audiophool that you replaced it with an expensive one and play it. Then the Audiophool will say the second expensive one sounds much better than the cheap first one even if you did not change anything.

I was "phooled" at an audio show. There were many seats around a pair of pretty big speakers. They sounded wideband and excellent. Then a pretty girl removed the huge covers over little wee speakers to show us the real small speakers that produced all that sound. It caused my hair to stand up, gave me goose bumps and produced damp eyes. I looked all over the place for a hidden sub-woofer but didn't find one.

You really need to know what context that these abbreviations are used and the environment they are used in. Like EL in a radar is ELevation. SRAM- Static Random Access Memory Or On a fighter it means Short Range Attack Missile. I see that one of the members posted ECU as an Engine Control Unit I have seen it used as Environmental Control Unit and Electronic Control Unit. Look at the simple abbreviation CD when I was a kid that meant Civil Defense, Banks use it as Certificate of Deposit others use is as Compact Disk. I guess the bottom line is there isn't a defined list as to what your looking for. Good Luck.

Kids using cell phones use acronyms (abbreviations) so that their parents don't understand that they are texting about illegal or sexy things.
When I was a kid I didn't text a girl what I wanted, I actually spoke to her.

That's still how you get a good woman. The interesting ones aren't usually on their phones all day. It's kind of like people who meet all their girlfriends in clubs and then think that all women are like the ones you meet in clubs.

TLA = Three Letter Acronym
EL = Electro Lumincent (spelling)
ECG = A line of replacement components, See NTE
SMPS = switched mode power supply
DVM = Digital voleter
ADC = Analog to Digital converter
CCA = Cold Cranking Amps
FAQ = Frequently asked questions
HDMI = A display connector (High Definition Multimedia Interface )
It supports ethernet, audio, video etc.
SMD = Surface Mount Device
MTU = Maximum transfer unit (TCP/IP)
ECU = Engine Control Unit
RS = Radio Shack or RS Electronics - Need context
ESR = Effective Series Resistance
PSU = Power Suppy Unit
RFID = Radio Frequency Identification
SMPS = (duplicate)
GSM = (telephony term) i.e. GSM modem https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=https://www.acronymfinder.com/GSM.html&ei=dD7qVIHNH_HgsATb5YH4Ag&usg=AFQjCNHwqS4N2PZLmuQwLXyWcccq5DNKoQ&bvm=bv.86475890,d.cWc
FFT = Fast Fourier Transform
MOV = Metal Oxide varistor
FRGA (FPGA maybe) Field Programable Gate Array
DDL - Digital Delay Line
https://www.acronymfinder.com/DDL.html
DMV (context) Department of Motor Vehicles
Take your pick
https://www.acronymfinder.com/DMV.html

The ones I was unclear on, got more info.
:angelic:

Welcome to ETO, HH83, and thanks!

I noted that the letters "Y" and "Z" had no acronym examples listed. There's a challenge...

How about:

YSS = (Your Schematic Sucks). Perhaps softened and updated to YSS:).

ZERO = (Zero Electrically Reasonable Output). Perhaps noted as a result of YSS:)...

I might have used 95% of these.
**broken link removed**

What is SRF
Often it is defined in Cap and Inductor datasheets as Self Resonant Frequency but more recently as Series Resonant Frequency as some have changed the orientation from flat to vertical to extend the bandwidth and then discuss the SRF separate from the Parallel Resonant Frequency

Being 15 and having had TWO GF's I can advise the following................... DONT text a girl!! and certainly dont talk to them! They cost valuable electronics money and time, one even wanted curtains on MY shed AND wanted me to clear the bench up!!
My mum and dad have been together forever and are happy, but I often wonder how happy he would of been had his shed not of been cleared up and organized by mum o_O

I was 14 until July :D and before that I was 13 lol. I was 11 when I joined so I am getting really old now :p

LG!!

Very good to see you back :cool:.

And you have (somehow or other) an exceptional understanding of the ladies and their perspective. (SPOILER ALERT) - It doesn't change...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back