Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What do you think of an Electronics Wiki site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears as a direct copy of text and images which might be considered plagiarism or worse copyright violation.
Some circuits like a 555 timers or so common that it would be silly to re-invent the wheel, but with that said. Text should be provided by author and any concepts derived from other sources need citation. Not only is citations polite, they also give credibility to the text. Like in Wiki, links to references are given.

Well this is the learning phase, so we have our first example of what not to do...

Oops sorry Electromaster, I just realized that was your article submission. No offense :eek:

Looks like I stuck my foot in my mouth. I seem to be a little scatter brained since I started writing my book, "How to Win Friends and Influence People" :)

OK, I cannot insert an image. I even tried HTML code and uploaded a schematic to MediaFire. When I previewed it showed the code. No picture.

Under the search box left side screen is a upload file option. Have you tried that?

Last edited:
I am kinda thinking this thread should be moved to the Wiki forum.

For some reason it put a box around my description??? I have to go through and insert "Enters" all through that paragraph. Where is the OP?

Looks like I stuck my foot in my mouth. I seem to be a little scatter brained since I started writing my book, "How to Win Friends and Influence People" :)
Oh, you must be co-authoring it with Dale Carnegie!! How about donating a copy to Space Varmint?

Oh, you must be co-authoring it with Dale Carnegie!! How about donating a copy to Space Varmint?

I know the title is taken. I was trying to work it with my joke to relieve my awkward tension... Was the timing in my delivery all wrong :)

Wow Space Varmint, I'm extremely impressed! the layout and formating of your **broken link removed** is excellent.

About the original one I put up (Bob Bowden's) I actually didnt notice his mark in the image as I got it off and GPL web site! Will remote it now that Space Varmints project is up..

If you do put up a project please do add a link to your own site of to your profile page here.. I want the contributers to have as much promotion as they deserve :)

Wow Space Varmint, I'm extremely impressed! the layout and formating of your **broken link removed** is excellent.

About the original one I put up (Bob Bowden's) I actually didnt notice his mark in the image as I got it off and GPL web site! Will remote it now that Space Varmints project is up..

If you do put up a project please do add a link to your own site of to your profile page here.. I want the contributers to have as much promotion as they deserve :)

Why Thank you ElectroMaster! Thank you for your fine work in setting this up. I would not have a clue.

Yeah, I noticed that once I had created the whole article there was no link to it...lol. I finally figured it out.

OK HiTech. Looks like we gonna have to duke it out through the monitors!

Dude, are you serious? Have you looked at his photo? He looks big enough to smack someone so hard that their DNA would de-evolve back into primordial soup :)

Oh yeah, good job on the wiki post.

Last edited:
Dude, are you serious? Have you looked at his photo? He looks big enough to smack someone so hard that their DNA would de-evolve back into primordial soup :)

Oh yeah, good job on the wiki post.

True true, but he's a big teddy bear at heart. Nice guy. :)

Who did the "Remote infrared controller"? That was well done! What kind of editor did you use for your schematic? Very sharp looking.

I might post a few of my schematics and I'll certainly be posting corrections.

I can see edit many wars happening though.

One thing I wouldn't like is someone changing my English spelling to US and European resistors to US symbols. I'm warning anyone that if this starts to happen there will be an edit war. I don't care if people rephrase things and my spelling gets changed as a result, I just won't have people routinely replacing all the English words with corrupt Americanisms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back