Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are some modern trends in electrical engineering in europe / mena / asia ?

EEstyleZ90

Hi everyone here.

I have been doing electro-technique since 2012 , a european term used to describe electrical engineering globally.

Now in 2024 , i am looking for latest trending subjects in electrical engineering , especially in regions like :

europe/middle east/north africa/east-south asia ?

What should i keep updated ?

What trends did you identify when you started in 2014?

What was different in 2014 vs 2004? How is 2024 different than 2014? Note that the alarm clock I bought in January had the same chip in it as the alarm clock I bought in about 2005. See where I'm going here?

There are lots of phrases like "wearables" and "flexible electronics" yet the only wearable I see regularly are Apple Watches and an occasional Aura ring. Still looking for flexible used as flexible. Mostly it's just a technique to make something thin.

Last edited:
What trends did you identify when you started in 2014?

What was different in 2014 vs 2004? How is 2024 different than 2014? Note that the alarm clock I bought in January had the same chip in it as the alarm clock I bought in about 2005. See where I'm going here?

Hi.

Well I used to repair some chinese switch mode igbt welding units back then.

Now recent models are almost not worthy for repair , since it is eather hard to find spare parts , or impossible to work on pcbs that are mostly containing bga chips.

So basically i am looking for jobs in EE other than the dying art of electronics repair.

Hi.

Well I used to repair some chinese switch mode igbt welding units back then.

Now recent models are almost not worthy for repair , since it is eather hard to find spare parts , or impossible to work on pcbs that are mostly containing bga chips.

So basically i am looking for jobs in EE other than the dying art of electronics repair.

If you want to continue in electronics repairs, you need to go commercial, rather than domestic - where products are still sensible prices, rather than the 'give away' prices on domestic electronics.

Back in my day, many TV engineers moved to companies repairing medical equipment, like x-ray units or scanners.

If you want to continue in electronics repairs, you need to go commercial, rather than domestic - where products are still sensible prices, rather than the 'give away' prices on domestic electronics.

Back in my day, many TV engineers moved to companies repairing medical equipment, like x-ray units or scanners.
I am actually quitting this job once and for all.

Cant waste my time in a dead field.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back