What are some modern trends in electrical engineering in europe / mena / asia ?

EEstyleZ90

Hi everyone here.

I have been doing electro-technique since 2012 , a european term used to describe electrical engineering globally.

Now in 2024 , i am looking for latest trending subjects in electrical engineering , especially in regions like :

europe/middle east/north africa/east-south asia ?

What should i keep updated ?

What trends did you identify when you started in 2014?

What was different in 2014 vs 2004? How is 2024 different than 2014? Note that the alarm clock I bought in January had the same chip in it as the alarm clock I bought in about 2005. See where I'm going here?

There are lots of phrases like "wearables" and "flexible electronics" yet the only wearable I see regularly are Apple Watches and an occasional Aura ring. Still looking for flexible used as flexible. Mostly it's just a technique to make something thin.

Last edited:

Hi.

Well I used to repair some chinese switch mode igbt welding units back then.

Now recent models are almost not worthy for repair , since it is eather hard to find spare parts , or impossible to work on pcbs that are mostly containing bga chips.

So basically i am looking for jobs in EE other than the dying art of electronics repair.

If you want to continue in electronics repairs, you need to go commercial, rather than domestic - where products are still sensible prices, rather than the 'give away' prices on domestic electronics.

Back in my day, many TV engineers moved to companies repairing medical equipment, like x-ray units or scanners.

I am actually quitting this job once and for all.

Cant waste my time in a dead field.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…