Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are an engineer's most common concerns when selecting instrumentation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobCheng

Hi everyone, I'm Jacob Cheng from China, working in an electronic instrument manufacturer, and this is not a promotion content, I'm here asking for help.
As a freshman of marketing promotion in the electronic instrument, I have no idea about what topic will engineers interested in. So, I'm here today to ask for a little favor from an expert like you guys, sincerely.
We manufacturing digital DC power supply, frequency converter, all kind of power testing equipment the most. For example, the frequency converter, use to simulate power network for product testing. Then you wanna know about this machine, what you want to ask? Here is some of my thinking:
  • What's the feature of this machine? (compare with general model)
  • Compare with XXX brand, what' the result?
  • What's the power core? What's the capability between different core?
  • What material made of? That decided how long I could use it.
Anything else comes up?
I know I maybe ask a stupid question, but I really need help, please leave your comment, thank you, guys.
<snip - commercial link removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Price?

Will it do what I really want, never mind the exaggerated claims of the salesman.

JimB

Will it do what I really want, never mind the exaggerated claims of the salesman.

JimB
I just faced something like this at work recently. The company I work for is switching over to RoHS-compliant equipment and processes, and we were looking at lead-free solder. The technician in charge pulled up a catalog for a new type of solder that claimed to have more solid joints, lower temperatures, better wetting, less flux splatter, etc, and was saying we should try it out. I took one look at the catalog and immediately recognized it as pure marketing wank. We went ahead and ordered some for evaluation, along with a number of other solder types, and whaddaya know, the "new solder" was one of the worst we tried.

Welcome to ETO, Jacob!
... We manufacturing digital DC power supply, frequency converter, all kind of power testing equipment the most. For example, the frequency converter, use to simulate power network for product testing. ...
As a potential buyer/user of, for example, one of your "frequency converters", I would like to know:

How would this 'frequency converter' help me simulate a power network?
What product(s) has it been successfully used to test?
What are the names of some of your customers who have used the device?
Is there a quantity purchase price break/discount?
What is the warranty? Is there an extended warranty option.?
Are there upgrade discounts available as new products of similar capabilities are developed?

Similar questions might be asked about any of your products.

<EDIT> BTW, I visited the link you provided and looked at the "Frequency Converter" you mentioned. The description addressed my first question, but none of the others. I would still have ask the remainder that I listed.

Last edited:
I just faced something like this at work recently. The company I work for is switching over to RoHS-compliant equipment and processes, and we were looking at lead-free solder. The technician in charge pulled up a catalog for a new type of solder that claimed to have more solid joints, lower temperatures, better wetting, less flux splatter, etc, and was saying we should try it out. I took one look at the catalog and immediately recognized it as pure marketing wank. We went ahead and ordered some for evaluation, along with a number of other solder types, and whaddaya know, the "new solder" was one of the worst we tried.
We wouldn't gonna do that, but trying to do our best to show you how and what the machine could do by using a video or some other way.

BTW, I visited the link you provided and looked at the "Frequency Converter" you mentioned. The description addressed my first question, but none of the others. I would still have ask the remainder that I listed.
We are a manufacturer, so bulk purchasing discount will be available. And we trying to developing agents in all place, to do the warranty thing. we will improve ourselves at the point you have mentioned.

At what point does this posting begin to look like thinly disguised spam...?

Some of us hang out at ETO and AAC. The OP/TS hammered both forums.

Do remember, we wake up at all hours. (Worldwide presence)

At what point does this posting begin to look like thinly disguised spam...?
I was thinking the same thing.

Some of us hang out at ETO and AAC. The OP/TS hammered both forums.
He did the same thing at the Electrical Engineering StackExchange site too.

Thread closed until the moderation team decides how to proceed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back