Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What about this site is not suitable for children?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEX

SEX, dknguyen with his alluring oriental beauties, "for entertainment purposes only", indeed.

JimB

That should be her, or was that a Freudian slip?

I once saw a Freudian slip. He went right down and cracked his coccyx.

I once saw a Freudian slip. He went right down and cracked his coccyx.

I had to look that one up. For other readers, here is Wikipedia:

commonly referred to as the tailbone, is the final segment of the human vertebral column. Comprised of three to five separate or fused vertebrae (the coccygeal vertebrae), below the sacrum, it is attached to the sacrum by a fibrocartilaginous joint, which permits limited movement between the sacrum and the coccyx. The term coccyx comes originally from the Greek language and means "cuckoo," referring to the shape of a cuckoo's beak

I did one of those, ended up with an opp at the nether regions, could not sit on the provided pillows (buttocks) for three months. No fun.
Mine not from slipping, but from cycling too much.
Whatever you do, don't damage that final segment of the coccyx, take my advice.

And then you ask why kids are not allowed here, radioron had to lookup the word coccyx, what would a poor grade 8 pupil think.
There is enough evidence as to keep forums PG18, not that we mind, we're adults, and know what we say, and how we say it, I hope.
We all 'sheet' from time to time, better keep the kids out of that, till they are adults and understand the full meaning.
If you have to use it a lot, and sometimes do so in front of little ones, rather use an unobtainable translation, such as kak (afrikaans), that way you don't spoil their minds, or teach them adult stuff prematurely.

And again, DO NOT CRACK THAT COCCYX SEGMENT

I'll admit that I am still surprised at how the administration here doesn't seem to mind the half naked women in avatars. It's unfortunate that this is ignored, as it makes this site potentially not safe for work.

Last edited:
I'll admit that I am still surprised at how the administration here doesn't seem to mind the half naked women in avatars. It's unfortunate that this is ignored, as it makes this site potentially not safe for work.

Your joking right?

I agree--nothing here I would consider "half naked". Pretty, certainly--but nothing at all objectionable.

Torben

Sounds like this unreachable website can only be bypassed with a V-chip. Have you tried a webcafe?

Interesting idea, using a chip designed to block television content to bypass a website block. I wonder how that would work?

Torben

I also have not seen any half-naked avatars here.
dknguyen certainly is not near offensive, his female avatar is fully dressed.
Bryan1 might have an avatar for discussion, but it's fake right.
maybe suggestive, but cg-graphics, right.
These only reason is because any discussion between adults can possibly follow an adult line, and any authority would want to protect children against that.
I suppose it comes down to politics.

Bah, children will see plenty of sex and violence before they're 18.

Many will actually have sex before they're even 16 and most will at some stage get access to p0rn before then.

They'll all witness violence in the playground, on the news and watch films they shouldn't.

Trying to prevent children from growing up by sheilding them from anything you don't think is suitable for them is a waste of time.

Take swearing for example - a typical 12 year old will know nearly as many bad words as a typical 18 year old.

At the school my daughter finished at last year (the one they are now trying to close), they have excellent sex education policies, and have had no teenage pregnancies for a good number of years now. This isn't the same as many other 'better' schools round about, where teen pregnancies still occur.

There is a council run service (I believe called Unit 5?), which is available to all local teens, who provide free condoms, morning after pills, and advice - at my daughters old school they regularly visit, and give information to the kids. At the sixth form she's moved to, none of the kids there have even heard of the service - never mind know where to go to access their services.

The UK has the most puritanical sex and p0rn laws in the EU, yet has the highest teen pregnancy rate - I suspect that isn't a coincidence.

Last edited:
That's sad Nigel.
I used to teach IT and computer science for three years, not my preferred choice of jobs, but teachers for this discipline was at an all time low.
Kids in grade 8 or standard 6, whatever you call it in your locality, were fooling around, having massive parties, orgies, the works.
In the three years there, we had a few of pregnancies, but policy in this country is way off, kids can almost do what they want, you are not really allowed to try and influence them to actively, then you'll have trouble.
No real punishment was allowed, kids smoking etc. were not acted upon, etc.
They basically had to make a free-willed choice not to do so.
Then this government can not understand why we have one of the highest crime rates in the world.
The school has implemented some measures since I've left, and it's apparently working, but I think all that happens is the child will have points against him/her, if high enough, disciplinary, and the parents are asked to take them elsewhere.
The child still goes on doing what he was not supposed to.
So the moral is, all the child is starts at home.

He hasn't been active lately, but Bryan1 ' s avatar falls into this category.

I've mentioned something about Bryan1's avatar earlier in the post.
I'm back, the illness pulled me horizontal for a bit there, but at least I'm breathing again, with difficulty.

Religious statue?
What religion would that be?

At the school my daughter finished at last year ..... There is a council run service (I believe called Unit 5?), which is available to all local teens, who provide free condoms, morning after pills, and advice - at my daughters old school they regularly visit, and give information to the kids.
Seems those actions would promote promiscuity. In fact it very likely promotes it when teen pregnancies are still way up in numbers. We haven't even addressed the increased spread of STDs and the fact that your taxes likely pay for those supplies that "encourage" sexual promiscuity. Ironically, you and other fellow Brits who are married and monogamous aren't getting subsidized by the government ... put those kids to work and garnish a % of their wages to supplement mom and dad's Saturday evening of fun and romping!! :rolleyes:

I disagree:

Married couples get benifits.

Most people shag around a bit before they get married - there's nothing to say that those teenagers won't develop monogamous relationships in future.

Teenagers will have sex regardless of whether you provide them with contraception or not.

Also, unlike you, we have a national health service which is funded by the taxpayer so buying condoms for teenagers saves money in the long run because they'e much cheaper than abortions and treating STDs.

When having loose sex like you guys are talking about, the issue is not just unwanted pregnancies and STD's, but what about psychological damage.
Sex are intended between two people who have a close relationship, because it brings a psychological bond.
Loose sex and sleeping around will just bring suffering to yourself.
Is it not the responsibility of adults to protect their children against that sort of damage.

That means: what we must promote is no sex until marriage. It will spare all of us a lot of emotional baggage that hampers you from living life to the fullest.

Just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back