Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What about this site is not suitable for children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diver300

Most Helpful Member
I tried to look at this site using a mobile connection through Orange UK. I was using a Pay As You Go SIM and I hadn't registered to prove that I am over 18.

A page from Orange UK came up saying that there is adult content and I should register or ask for the site to be reviewed. I asked for it to be reviewed and recieved the following reply by SMS:-

Your request has been actioned and the content is confirmed as only suitable for customers over the age of 18. URL: Electronic Circuits Projects Diagrams Schematics Electronics Circuit Project

What is going on here? I realise that this site is not aimed a children, but there is nothing that they shouldn't see. Is this is another case of political correctness gone mad?

What in here IS suitable for children? I mean, really, how many children walk around talking about microcontrollers and robotics? ;-)

What in here IS suitable for children? I mean, really, how many children walk around talking about microcontrollers and robotics? ;-)

I think you will be supprised how many kids doing electronics

personaly i started electronics when i whas 10 years

that whas in the begining 80's so internet whas not availible yet

amiga 500 and philips P2000 and comodore 64 where still not there at that time (2 years later, at least for the masses)

back to topic

i can't see the point of banning people under a sertain age from this site

BTW the links in Hero's post result in nothing disturbing to me

just the message: sorry -no matches- try some different terms :confused::confused:

Robert-Jan

Number one fact about being under 18:

They...filter...EVERYTHING!

I would suggest it's not a question of being 'banned', but of not paying for the site to be vetted - and really I would imagine no forum could pass such vetting, as it's completely dynamic and varies from minute to minute.

I would think that most kids old enough to know which end of the soldering iron to pick up without getting burned, would already be familiar with the language some adults use when they grab the wrong end... It's no excuse, we are suppose to be some what educated, with a better vocabulary then most. I try to keep it clean, but I know I slip one in here and there, just seems appropriate, about the same in conversation.

SEX

VIOLENCE

ABUSIVE LANGUAGE

it is all here on this depraved site!

SEX, dknguyen with his alluring oriental beauties, "for entertainment purposes only", indeed.

VIOLENCE, HiTech threatening to "reach through this monitor and slap you a good one!"

ABUSIVE LANGUAGE, numerous characters telling the whiny little brats to do their own homework.
It is enough to mentally scar some of the poor little dears for life.

Welcome to the real world kids, it is not like Jackanory/Sessame Street/Playschool out here, life is a ****** and then you die.

*Can I say ***** on the interweb?

JimB

Jeez.

You guys make sheltering kids to the point where they have no idea how to deal with reality sound like a bad thing.

Torben

ABUSIVE LANGUAGE, numerous characters telling the whiny little brats to do their own homework.
It is enough to mentally scar some of the poor little dears for life.

JimB

i can second this i had a question and some one told me to do my home work but i did not understand this because i did not have any home work from school.
i can see for some one to say google it but if you are going to write "go google it your self" and they know what the person needs to know why dont they just write what the person wants.

i can second this i had a question and some one told me to do my home work but i did not understand this because i did not have any home work from school.
i can see for some one to say google it but if you are going to write "go google it your self" and they know what the person needs to know why dont they just write what the person wants.

Light a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.

Light a man afire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Or something.

Torben

Or something.

Torben

yeah i am not good with expressions either but you know what they say ........when in Rome................................

Or something.

Torben

i need to learn to read better. hopefully i will get out of AIS next year
AIS = special Ed. really i am in it.
i cant read a paragraph on social studies for my life but i can read a schematic fine.

plus i have testing problems

SEX

VIOLENCE

ABUSIVE LANGUAGE

it is all here on this depraved site!

SEX, dknguyen with his alluring oriental beauties, "for entertainment purposes only", indeed.

JimB

THere is nothing provocative about my avatars. You're just seeing what you want to see. It's all in your mind and mindset. Do not blame the avatar, blame yourself. SHame on you!

Last edited:
I'm in da house now --- someone say sumptin about needin' to gets *****-slapped? Fo shizzle man.

THere is nothing provocative about my avatars. You're just seeing what you want to see. It's all in your mind and mindset. Do not blame the avatar, blame yourself. SHame on you!

mmmm.. shame on me...
:D
I can't wait to se ethe next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back