Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Welding pit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I want to make a welding pit, dimensions 22cm X 11cm X 3cm in stainless steel

As a heating element I have this https://www.tme.eu/it/details/kantha...l/030188-250g/ resistance of Kanthal, to be wrapped around the welding pit ... while as insulation using glass wool or ceramic fiber.

If I use 30mt of 1.2mm thickness resistance with 1.19Ω / m I get about 1480Watt of power ... can it be enough to bring the pond to 400/450 ° C ???

Thanks.

can it be enough to bring the pond to 400/450 ° C ???

That is impossible to know form the information that you have given.
The temperature will depend on the heat losses from the welding pit.
If there is good heat insulation, the temperature can be very high.
If there is no insulation, the temperature may not exceed 100 degC

What is a "welding pit" ?
I have never heard that expression before.

JimB

What is a "welding pit" ?
I have never heard that expression before.
New to me too. Perhaps it's a 'solder bath' ?

Still unclear. I think there is a language issue. Welding in UK terminology means heating two items to their melting point so that they can fuse together. Soldering means melting an alloy having a relatively low melting point and applying it to two items to be joined. Which do you mean?
400°C is much hotter than the melting point of even high temperature soldering alloys, but way below the melting point of most metals.

A "solder pot"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back