Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Website found. Waiting for ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, considering it's only happening to you, and on multiple browsers, but ONLY for this site, it's got to have something to do with ETO but on your end. Here are the instructions to clear your cache in IE8, but it sounds like you might have already done that. It's worth trying it if you haven't, though.

Good luck, AudioGuru. Hope you can get this solved shortly.

Regards

I have a brand new cable modem and this website still takes almost one minute to load if I am a Guest or if I am Audioguru.
I cleared the cache in between and it made no difference.

It is intermittent because of the 20 times I went here with the new modem it opened in 10 seconds sometimes but mostly in 30 seconds.

Other websites open immediately. All About Circuits looks like the same website software and it works fine.

Now i will ask my cable technical support if they have trouble opening this website.

Hi AG,

To rule out the internet connection as being your problem could you do a trace route:

1) Go to Start menu (start button on the lower left of the desktop)
2) Choose 'Run'
3) Type: "cmd" (no quotes)
4) This should bring up a DOS prompt. Once there, type: "tracert electro-tech-online.com" (without quotes)

This should result in a series of hops from your computer to the server. Post the results :)

Also, this site connects to a few different domain names to gather all the page contents such as the image server, the adverts, etc. To test if one of these is holding up the website from loading try to watch the connections using a modern browsers developer features.

Firefox: Press Ctrl + Shift + K, then load/reload ETO home page.
Chrome: Press F12, select 'Console' tab , then load/reload ETO home page.
IE 9-10: Press F12, select 'Network' tab, click Start capturing , then load/reload ETO home page.

Watch for any element that takes a long time to load, and if you can copy and past the results I can inspect them :)

Regards,
EM

Last edited:
With "run, cmd tracert" sometimes there is a bottleneck at the 5th hop which is te1-5.mpd01.iad01.atlas.cogentco.com of 211ms.

I will try to attach it or insert image here.

I have Windows XP with IE8 so I can't look for slowly loading elements.

Everything is fine today.:D
I attached the schematic that I couldn't for a few days. Before my browser timed out after waiting for the upload to occur for more than 1 minute but today it uploaded immediately.

ElectroMaster, if you fixed it then thank-you.
Maybe it was my ISP or maybe it was a bottleneck in the internet path but now the problem is gone.

Hi,

Im getting the same thing today. Didnt notice yesterday.

Next time it happens, try opening **broken link removed**. This will rule out the DNS system. I switched to an open DNS because of issues with other sites. Whoops, it didn't work and I don't know why.

I did an nslookup for ETO and used the returned address. It should have worked.

Last edited:
My Internet Explorer 8 browser works pefectly on every other website I visit but not here lately. Usually it works perfectly here.
A few minutes ago I could not upload a simple schematic as an attachment. I waited for about 1 minute then it timed out. I tried and tried.
Then I tried to "Submit Reply" but again I waited and waited and nothing happened. When I looked later I was amazed that my reply was there.

Yes! Yes! Yes! I almost always having this problem. But I am using mobile browser Opera Mini in java cell phone. Various difficulties here on this page comparatively than other sites, I don't know how!

This often happens if a tracking site cannot be reached.

Many sites pass on connection info to sites like google or facebook for analysis or even to share your ip and what you are looking at, sometimes to target adverts, and sometimes for no good reason.

So, if facebook is blocked on your system (just an example) and the site is waiting for confirmation from facebook before continuing, it will appear as if it is waiting for that site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back