Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Website found. Waiting for ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

audioguru

Most Helpful Member
Today and for the past day or two this website opens or does not open after a long wait. Posting a reply or adding an attachment have the same long wait.

Its working all OK here, Win XP and Firefox.

E.

I have not had any problems using FireFox and MSIE either at home or at work where I use out of my home state servers. Everything else seem to be working normal AG as in other websites?

Ron

All the other websites I visit are quick as a wink. But this one is very slow replying.
This is what I see when waiting:

I cannot reach the "manage attachment page" because after waiting about 1 minute it timed out.
After reaching the "manage attachment page" on my second try in about 10 seconds then I waited about 1 minute for my upload to be completed.

I wonder how long it will take for me to Submit this Reply?

Makes no sense but things like this never do. At this point we enter into desperation 101. I would suggest you clear the browser cache. Now what version of MSIE (Micro Soft Internet Explorer) you have I don't know but with MSIE open left click on Help and choose About Microsoft Internet Explorer to get the version. Then a Google of Clear Cache MSIE 9.0 for example will bring up directions on how to clear the cache.

On a side note I would suggest you download and install another browser. I won't get into a browser war discussion but I like Mozilla Firefox as an alternative browser, there are others like Google Chrome and the list goes on. Firefox can be had here. The merit to having a few browsers is if one becomes corrupt, weird, whatever, you have another functional browser to compare it to and you are not dead in the water.

Ron

My Internet Explorer 8 browser works pefectly on every other website I visit but not here lately. Usually it works perfectly here.
A few minutes ago I could not upload a simple schematic as an attachment. I waited for about 1 minute then it timed out. I tried and tried.
Then I tried to "Submit Reply" but again I waited and waited and nothing happened. When I looked later I was amazed that my reply was there.

Very strange. I've had no reports or connectivity problems. Can you access a static page okay?

Today it takes about 30 seconds for this site to open. The same delay with the STATIC page but it did finally open.
On one thread here I tried many times yesterday and today to upload a simple schematic but it times out after almost one minute.
All the other websites I visit open immediately.

Where is the server?

I hope this reply goes through.

It's got to be your internet connection. It's working fine for me, Win 7 using Chrome. I've had that same problem before, though, but it turned out my internet connection was just too slow to connect to the site before it timed out. Are you using wireless or ethernet? Or do you have (god forbid) dial-up?

Last edited:
I have cheap high speed internet on my cable TV. I do not have wireless internet.
I tested its speed a moment ago.
Ping= 35ms.
Download= 10.51Mbps.
Upload= 0.26Mbps.

This site has always been very fast but lately it is extremely slow and I cannot upload a simple schematic as an attachment.
Sine the "MODERATED" was removed from me recently this site has been slow.

Not sure if it would really do any good, but you might try clearing your cache. I think ctrl F5 will do that for you. It's worth a try, anyway :D

I suggested clearing the cache earlier. Beats the hell out of me? What would cause it to be just this site and on multiple browsers? Oh yeah, for me right now in FireFox Ctrl & F5 just refreshes the page. I can't figure out why only this site?

Ron

I suggested clearing the cache earlier. Beats the hell out of me? What would cause it to be just this site and on multiple browsers? Oh yeah, for me right now in FireFox Ctrl & F5 just refreshes the page. I can't figure out why only this site?

Ron

Oh, sorry, I must have missed that post. Anyway, F5 alone refreshes, ctrl F5 clears the cache, at least for me. Since it does the same thing in multiple browsers, but only for AG at this time, it must be something on his end.

Control F5 or F5 simply asks to open a website.

I cleared my Browsing History.
I cleared my Temporary Internet Files.
I cleared my Cookies.
I waited a long time again for this site to open then I logged in.
Everything I do on this site is extremely slow. I still cannot attach a schematic because the "Upload" still times out. I cannot "add an image".
Then it takes a long time for "Post Quick Reply" to finish.

ALL other websites work perfectly fast.

hi agu,

Could you try to clear your log in password and log in as a Guest to see if that has any effect.

E.

I have had my cable modem for 5 years so I will have it replaced with a new one.

I have had my cable modem for 5 years so I will have it replaced with a new one.

No, while I don't see the cable modem as the problem I admit I haven't a clue what the problem is. I would bet if you shove another modem in there the odds are the problem will remain. Then too, while I can't explain it, nothing ventured and nothing gained and hell it may work.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back