Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Weather station (PIC18F452)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alinpion

How do you calculate R2, R13 and R5 rezistors and what is their purpose in the schematic?

Attachments

• 012_base_sch(19.05).gif
    012_base_sch(19.05).gif
    26.7 KB · Views: 5,021
How do you calculate R2, R13 and R5 rezistors and what is their purpose in the schematic?

hi,:)

R2 is a 4K7 pulldown resistor and R5 & R15 are pullup resistors, 4.7K/10K

Their purpose is to pull the pins low or high when the driving switches are open.

Some ic's external to the PIC require pullups. [R5 &13]

The value of 4.7K is a typical value, allows about 1mA thru the switch contacts.

Last edited:
What about C3, C4 and R7? What is their purpose?

hi,
Why are you asking the function of these components.:)

C3 and R7 are a simple filter on a analog input, C4 is a +5V decoupling cap.

This is my final year project. A detailed description of the way the project works would help me a lot.I have something about it but I want a professional opinion .

You can't buy the kit from the site.Just download the schematic and hex.The rest you have to do it yourself.And I have done all that by myself. I just need a page with information about how the project works, because what I have is not as formal I desire.

I put an emphasis on the fact that nobody is forced to help me. I am really grateful to the ones that give me even the smallest clue about what I asked. But I really don't understand why the only concern of some persons is placing offensive replies. And regarding "the plagiarism" I mention that on that site was written: "This site contains schematics and code which may not be duplicated for any commercial use without explicit consent from the author. " and the most important thing:"FOR PERSONAL AND EDUCATIONAL USE ONLY"

How was my reply offensive? How will you document the unobtainable source code so important to such a project. You don't seem to understand how some of the most basic circuitry works. Do you plan to build it?

Isn't YOUR final year project supposed to demonstrate YOUR knowledge?

https://www.gprc.ab.ca/downloads/documents/Student%20Misconduct%20Plagiarism%20and%20Cheating.pdf

PROCEDURES/RULES STATEMENT
1 Plagiarism

Plagiarism involves submitting work (words, ideas, images, or data) in a course as if it were the students own work done expressly for that particular course when, in fact, it is not. Most commonly plagiarism exists when:
1.1 the work submitted or presented was done, in whole or in part, by an individual other than the one submitting or presenting the work (this includes having another person impersonate the student or otherwise substituting the work of another for one’s own in an assignment, examination or test);
1.2 parts of the work are taken from another source without reference to the original author (This includes ideas, words, and images appearing in print, digital, graphical, Internet, audio and video formats);
1.3 a student submits or presents the work in one course which has also been submitted in another course (although it may be completely original with that student) without the prior agreement of the instructor;
1.4 clinical or laboratory reports are falsified or fabricated.
While it is recognized that academic work often involves reference to ideas, data and conclusions of others, intellectual honesty requires that such references be accurately, explicitly and clearly noted. Instructors may choose to use online plagiarism detection services. When a student submits a paper, it is understood that s/he is consenting to such a procedure and that s/he cannot claim any copyright violation should such paper be uploaded to an online plagiarism detection database.

Last edited:
I already build the weather station.
Let me tell you something: All of us have something to learn. Nobody was born a genius.
I think you have not the right to say me that I am not able to build it in case you don't know how much I've worked and how much I've tried to accumulate material in order to build it and make it work properly.
I don't want to argue with anyone, but I see that you always give acid replies, that offend me, because, even if you don't believe it, I've done it by myself.
That site only offered me a basic level to start from. I didn't buy the station from it or from another person.
Finally, I want to emphasise that working a lot, I, or how you named me : a person that "don't seem to understand how some of the most basic circuitry works" really succeded in all I've proposed, inclusively in this project.

Huh? All I asked was if it was acceptable to hand in someone elses project as your own?
It's cool you got it working that's good. Do you plan on giving credit to Mr Michel Bavin for his work in your assignment when you hand it in? How are you going to document the source code? How would you explain how you came up with the design in the first place? These are questions your course professor will probably ask.

Last edited:
You built it alinpion you did NOT design it. You should provide credits for all the circuits or code that you used that were someone elses in your final report. If you fail to do so you're misrepresenting the effort that went into the project, that's all blueroom was trying to say.

In order to sleep well tonight, I announce you that Mr. Michael Bavin helped me a lot and was my coordinator in this project, and I am deeply thankful to him. He knows my situation and where I'll use this project. I gave him all details and he had no objection.
I still have his mails and I can post one of them if you still have doubts (I am sure you have).
Actually, I don't want to waste time to explain you I am not a plagirist. I've told you from the begining that you wouldn't worry in this respect.
So, I'd prefer you stop giving me morality lessons.
I want to apologize the other persons that will waste their time reading the nonsense in all these posts.

alinpion The only question that was asked is are you going to give him credit in the class report? It's what your teacher things not what you or we think that is important.

I think whats relavent here is; did your assignment say to simply build a device from a premade schematic, like a class on reading and following circuit diagrams or on soldering and circuit construction, or were you supposed to design a circuit. The ladder seems more likely since there are few classes that only cover physically building circuits, and yours wouldent ask for a report on how it functions if it didn't mean for you to design it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back