Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

waveform inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

killerwhale007

hi, I am generating a saw tooth wave form but can you help me with a

I have a analogue circuit that will generate a saw tooth wave form but the requirement is to have a counter that will count 4 cycles then invert the wave form for another 4 cycles.

can you help me with a simple circuit that will invert the waveform after 4 cycles and how do I make it to count 4 cycles. Thank you

Sample

/|/|/|/|/\|\|\|\|\

I haven't built this, or even simulated it.

Attachments

• triangle_reverser.png
    triangle_reverser.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 593
killerwhale007 said:
thanx it is greate where can I get more info on how parts works any web
site
U1 is a comparator (could be an op amp if you are running at low frequency).
U2 and U3 are op amps.
What is your supply voltage? What is the frequency of your oscillator? What is the duty cycle?
This circuit will not run at very high frequency unless you use a 5 volt supply, a high-speed CMOS counter, fast op amps, and a fast comparator.
R1 and C1 control the frequency.

killerwhale007 said:
hi, I am generating a saw tooth wave form but can you help me with a

I have a analogue circuit that will generate a saw tooth wave form but the requirement is to have a counter that will count 4 cycles then invert the wave form for another 4 cycles.

can you help me with a simple circuit that will invert the waveform after 4 cycles and how do I make it to count 4 cycles. Thank you

Sample

/|/|/|/|/\|\|\|\|\

If your Frequency is Constant, than you can use a 555 as a Monostable Flipflop timer, to turn an inverter on/off on every Forth Pulse.

I used this principal at one time to create a conversion in the digital pulses between Metric and Imperial Measures. It Worked very good.

no actually I am gona have to run it at 0.5Hz so I can have 2s per waveform

can you explain the operation of the circuit on each blocks please
thank you

killerwhale007 said:
no actually I am gona have to run it at 0.5Hz so I can have 2s per waveform

can you explain the operation of the circuit on each blocks please
thank you
Tell me the value of vcc and I'll try to give you a working schematic and a detailed explanation.
Can you tell us what this is to be used for?

thanx

The frequency is 1Khz ( 1000 hz ) to give me 1ms per cycle and the input voltage would be 4V vcc to gove me 2v p-to-p.
thank you

soory about the previous one I didnt have much information, after invistigating the requirmets are 2v peak, 1ms cycle which is 1KHz.

I appreciate it thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back