Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WASHING MACHINE motor controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

look4kannan

hi

I tried to build motor controller to forward and reverse DC motor for certain time.I tried the below circuit, unfortunately its not working.
I used DPDT relay instead of RL2 to change direction of DC motor

It will be great anybody fix bugs.
also I found a bug, output of IC4011 should be from pin 3.

advance thanks

kans

Attachments

• cir-5-washing.pdf
    89.7 KB · Views: 687
This element might work, but there is a fer that the relay contacts would be eaten off very soon. If not working, Spikes are likely to false trigger the chips.Keep the relays away from the circuit.. Ensure that the DC used is filtered at each of the chips' supply point,. by employing capacitors like 2.2uFDigital circuits have to have a .1uF across Vcc and Ground of each IC anyway.

It could be slightly improved, by connecting output of second timer to pin4 of 1st timer after disconnecting the pin4 from the Vcc. Thus the output of IC1 would itself be doing the job of Gate N1. N1 could be removed and an NPN transistor adopted in common emitter mode.

Last edited:
relays are tested and in very good condition.

I checked Voltage on pin 3 of both 555Ic, its not varying.

what does this mean?

Last edited:
look4kannan said:
hi

I tried to build motor controller to forward and reverse DC motor for certain time.I tried the below circuit, unfortunately its not working.
I used DPDT relay instead of RL2 to change direction of DC motor

It will be great anybody fix bugs.
also I found a bug, output of IC4011 should be from pin 3.

advance thanks

kans
That circuit is for AC motors. You need to reverse the polarity of the voltage supplied to your DC motor. You will also need to clamp the motor to the DC rails with a fast rectifier bridge at least.

look4kannan said:
relays are tested and in very good condition.

I checked Voltage on pin 3 of both 555Ic, its not varying.

what does this mean?
Forget the Relays and AC circuit for the time of testing. you test the pattern of signal on pin3 of IC1 and IC2 by wiring a resistor and LED to replace realy coil and other components. only after getting the signals as indicated by graphs below for IC1&2, then you proceed mixing them at IC3 N1 gate. There after at the output of N1 gate. Never jump to final signals. I mean check element by element. record your observations and post it . let us see.

hello look4kannan,

i'm a beginner... and by now i'm trying to build the same circuit (washing machine controller) you had made. I have a problem. I can not find the SK100 transistor. Can you tell me the equivalent of that transistor. Thank you....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back