Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wanna some tutorials on spi

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayee

Hi everyone,
i want some tutorials on spi in C.i am using two pic16f877a controllers.any simple tutorials like blinking leds.i have no concept of spi.please help me out if u guys have any information.
Thanx

This is a Micorchip reference. It's in assembler but it's a good overview on the SPI interface of PICs. If you understand how SPI works, it should be trivial to re-write the routines in C.

Last edited:
Thankx eng1.
I have already seen that file but i cant understand this.plz give me other links that r in C.i have no knowledge of assembly

Here's the Master asm code (page 32 of this) in C18.
Code:
void main(){
unsigned char Count=0;
unsigned char Dummy;
    TRISA=0;
    ADCON1=0x06;
    TRISC=0x10;
    SSPSTAT=0x40;
    SSPCON=0x31;
    while(1){
        LATAbits.LATA2=1;
        SSPBUF=Count++;
        while(!SSPSTATbits.BF);
        Dummy=SSPBUF;
        LATAbits.LATA2=0;
        DelaymS(100);
    }
}

By comparing the two, you should be able to convert the slave code as well.

Mike.

hayee said:
Hi everyone,
i want some tutorials on spi in C.i am using two pic16f877a controllers.any simple tutorials like blinking leds.i have no concept of spi.please help me out if u guys have any information.
Thanx
Here is a link for **broken link removed**.. It covers nearly everything to do with PIC programming, from turning ON and OFF LED to UART to SPI to LCD and others..

Hope that helps..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back