Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wanna make a little timelapse cam

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys .
I wanna build a camera to see my plants near windows growing.

I have a Phone camera from an old broken android phone. Cam works . I want to plug it into some electronic stuff and hopefully make a timelapse cam out of it. The logic behind is simple . The cam will take pics in at specified times then shuts itself down to battery-save. I also want it to be able to work with solar power . What do i need?
Where can i assembly the camera. do i need a motherboard for it ? Micro SD card would be good for pics.

IMG_0392.JPG

This 1v solar cell is weak but i can think of buying one if the idea is possible.

2020-05-07 18_43_37-Window.jpg
this is the cam i have. its 5MP fair cam if i'll succeed to get it plugged .

It's unlikely that you can use that camera as the pinout is unknown (I think).

I did this a few years ago using an old samsung camera similar to this,
samsung.jpg

Along with a pic chip and a servo to operate it. These days you'd probably use an Arduino.

Mike.
Edit, if I was going to do it today I'd use my cannon DSLR and use the Arduino IR library to trigger it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back