Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

walkie talkie

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveenon90

hi guys..........i am intrested in doing electronic projects.i want to make a long range (minimum 10KM) walkie talkie.can anybody PLEASE help me in preparing this kit.if anybody knows the procedure or having the circuit diagram plz reply me or email me at naveenon90@yahoo.co.in

thanx in advance

Firstly no one's going to email you!

Just buld a simply AM transmitter and buy a cheap and nasty rasio for the receiver.

And BTW, if you don't have any RF equipement to tune it (at least a spectrum analyser) you have to forget it.

It's not as this easy to build RF stuff...

mister_e said:
And BTW, if you don't have any RF equipement to tune it (at least a spectrum analyser) you have to forget it.

It's not as this easy to build RF stuff...
Is spectrum analyser needed? I don't think I have it and I'm going to do RF project.. I've only oscilloscope..

I didn't have a spectrum analyser when I designed and built my FM transmitter. I tried my 'scope but it picked up RF all over the place and was useless. Even my digital multimeter picked up RF all over the place.

Is spectrum analyser needed?
Only if you care about spurious emissions. :D
A communciations testset is more usefull, but quite expensive for the hobbyist. The OP will have better luck searching on a CB'r site for an ampilfier and then hiding from the FCC, DOC, or whatever agency that'll try and track him down when he transmitts. :eek:
Even better take a Ham radio class and go legal.... :rolleyes:

Well maybe i don't have all the tricks of much experimented guys here to make it work great without any kind of spectrum analyser... I have and use a IFR COM-120B for that (OK it's more than only a spectrum analyser... ). I agree it's expensive when you buy it but handy when you do a lot of RF stuff.

why are we off topic in discussing spectrum analyzers when the original poster wants to build a T/R circuit to cover 10km? He's not going to achieve that feat rather easily, let alone worry about scrounging up a SA! Just look at the number of inductors to be constructed for both sides of the circuit. For that matter he didn't even specify the operating frequency!!!!!!!!! Then there's RF construction practices, etc. Let's all just go have a beer instead while he visits the local pawn shop or Toys R Us store where they sell walkie talkies.

Look inside a modern FRS "walkie-talkie". There are hundreds of parts you cannot buy.

Frequency is somewhat significant. With the output you need, Uncle Charlie (the FCC) may have expensive problems with you. Up above 2.4 GHz is probably wide open, but hard to gets parts, construct transmitters, and get any range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back