Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless ignitor- Help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackcat31404

Hey. So I am currently working on an interesting project. I am trying to make a wireless ignitor for a small magnesium flare. What I do not understand is how to get the electronic part of this project to work. I essentially need to wire up a Baofeng BF-888S walkie-talkie in such a way that it will be able to heat a small piece of 46 AWG (0.04mm) Nichrome wire to a temperature sufficient to ignite a match. I was going to do this by disconnecting the speaker, and using the wires that power it as my source of electricity. The issue is, from everything I have seen, the output for the speaker will not be enough to heat the wire. What should I do? I am sure I could use some kind of relay plugged into an extension cord, but the whole point was for it to be wireless. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

This thread has been locked to further replies.

The reason for closing the thread is not one of reprimand but, a red flag was raised in the topic.

Original poster was curious and simply asked a question. The topic on the other hand has the potential for possibly being used for harm or damage. Also there were safety issues which we will not get into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back