Voltage Shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlt57sooner

I need a chip that will take an input of 0-5 V and output 0-12 volts. Anyone know of a good,small volage shifter chip?

If you don't want more than a few milliamps output then a simple non-inverting op-amp with a gain of 2.4 would do it.

You could include a transistor within the feedback loop if you need more current.

mlt57sooner said:
I need a chip that will take an input of 0-5 V and output 0-12 volts. Anyone know of a good,small volage shifter chip?

You need to be far more specific, is this a power supply? (if so, what current?), or is it just a data signal? - the vague question renders it meaningless!.

A Flash Level shifter might work

If you are only needing somewhere around 70MA or so...

Maxim makes a device called the MAX662 @ 70ma, Linear makes the LT1109-12 @ 60ma or if you need just a bit more current, the MAX734 @ 120ma might do.

These are all high frequency step-up level shifters (like those MAX232 chips) that require external capacitors to help with the boost.

Being that these are designed for FLASH use, they have two modes... deliver 5 volts in shutdown mode and 12 volts in program mode.

If you need more current than that... I's start looking at DC-DC modules from companies like Vicor.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…