Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage Problem...Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inferno said:
hehehhe... guys... i ask you for help and you ask about things that i dont know and don t care about :p
i have no idea why this motor is like that ....and i don t care.. this is the motor i m using... can t you just accept that a such motor exists ??

No, because that's probably why it doesn't work!.

Motors don't just take a specific current - it's HIGHLY dependent on the load, and there are three values you really need to know.

Off load current - the lowest it can possibly be, this may well be your 100mA? - it's unlikely a 12V motor would take less off load.

Average running current - probably 5 to 10 times off load current (500mA to 1A).

Starting/stall current - probably 10 - 20 times running current (10A - 20A).

You see the problem! - your H-bridge may well need to with stand 20A, at least for a short period of time.

Gluing together small, weak little transistors for them to smoke and melt when the motor does some work??
It must be frustration using to use wrong parts.

....i made the bridge with the transistors.. and it works perfectly ....
when i said 0.1 A it was the current that runs in the motor when it s running with full load...when it s not loaded .... the current is just 0.04 A ...
and an other thing... if you are electronics professionals and you like to share your knowledge in online forums you shouldn t act like this ... anyway thanks for your help ... i ll post later the full shematics with photoes... catch you later !

Inferno said:
....i made the bridge with the transistors.. and it works perfectly ....
when i said 0.1 A it was the current that runs in the motor when it s running with full load...when it s not loaded .... the current is just 0.04 A ...
and an other thing... if you are electronics professionals and you like to share your knowledge in online forums you shouldn t act like this ... anyway thanks for your help ... i ll post later the full shematics with photoes... catch you later !

It's completely pointless giving you incorrect information - why is asking for more information from you "acting like this". You've now provided the information we asked for (but too late), why couldn't you do that before?.

i just gave you the maximum current that the motor should handle..when i have .04 and .1 i should only worry about the .1 ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back