Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voice Recording On A Chip - Schematic & Pcb Artwork Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra148

Hi,
do any of you high tec guys have a symple schematic + pcb artwork for voice
or sound on a chip ?.

I have a programmer for pics, although I think its just 16f84 (not sure).
I need the finished project to have reasonable audio volume,and at least
120 seconds of capabilty.

Not sure how voice gets put onto chip, or how these things are done, but
with the help of some kind soul, maybe I could finaly get a working project.

I Could go with the audio fed through the car radio, If audio amplifier output
design is fairly low.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Voice recording chip

Hi Cobra148,

here is what you might be looking for. The ISD2532 .. ISD25120 records from 32 to 120 seconds depending on the type.

Attached is the data sheet including a schematic for connections. The output impedance is 16Ohms and easy to adapt to your car radio.

Boncuk

Voice recording chip

Hi Cobra148,

here is what you might be looking for. The ISD2532 .. ISD25120 records from 32 to 120 seconds depending on the type.

Attached is the data sheet including a schematic for connections. The output impedance is 16Ohms and easy to adapt to your car radio.

Boncuk

Attachments

• ISD2560-2590.pdf
    129 KB · Views: 1,015
The June 2008 issue of Everyday Practical Electronics has a complete construction article using the HK828. You can also buy a kit at Jaycar (KC-5423) preprogrammed with Star Trek sliding door sounds.

Voice recording chip

Hi cobra148,

just in case the kit is too expensive here is a cheaper way. The ICs are obsolete, but should still be available.

The newer type sound chips require MCU control.

Attached are: PCB solder side, silk screen and BOM (zipped)

Boncuk

Thanks guys.
I am finding that the ISD chips are next to impossible to source (other than china)minimum order 2,500.

Shame that, as the ISD version of the project looks to be on my level
of electronics ability.

Boncuk, dont seem to see the zip file for the other project you mentioned?.

Seems I am a bit stuck,due to that part being obsolete. ,but I will take a look at the HK28 suggested by mneary.

Regards

although I don't know much about encoding audio. I remember someone had made a similar project when I was in college with a HC12 micro controller and external RAM of some sort. Shouldn't total more than 200$ if you connect to your HC12 via serial port - you don't really need to purchase the motherboard. Let HC12 convert A/D, store to RAM, fetch from RAM, decode D/A.

Again, I'm not a solid source on this but with that scheme someone in the forums can help you.

Thanks guys.
I am finding that the ISD chips are next to impossible to source (other than china)minimum order 2,500.

Shame that, as the ISD version of the project looks to be on my level
of electronics ability.

Boncuk, dont seem to see the zip file for the other project you mentioned?.

Seems I am a bit stuck,due to that part being obsolete. ,but I will take a look at the HK28 suggested by mneary.

Regards

Hi cobra148,

sorry, I had some trouble with the upload limit of attachments. Had to delete all to get free space again. If you can't find the chip locally or in your country contact "reichelt.de" They still have the ISD2560 (60 seconds, €14.25) and ISD2590 (90 seconds, €11.80) in stock. The ISD25XX series is obsolete in the meanwhile and new chips requiring MCU control are made.

Hopefully I'll get the file uploaded now.

Boncuk

Attachments

• VOICE RECORDER.zip
    37 KB · Views: 566
Hi cobra148,

sorry, I had some trouble with the upload limit of attachments. Had to delete all to get free space again. If you can't find the chip locally or in your country contact "reichelt.de" They still have the ISD2560 (60 seconds, €14.25) and ISD2590 (90 seconds, €11.80) in stock. The ISD25XX series is obsolete in the meanwhile and new chips requiring MCU control are made.

Hopefully I'll get the file uploaded now.

Boncuk
hi boncuk,
The Electromaster has found a problem with the attachments, with the new forum software,
he has asked us not to delete any files at this time.
Its going to corrected.

Regards

Last edited:
Hi boncuk,
yes got the zip now, looks good, tried "reichelt.de" used search but nothing
showed up (all spriken spraken to me).
I probably didnt search correctly though.

Downloaded also, the june EPE, looked at the HK828, this also looks good,thanks
(mneary).Although australia is the only source for the HK828 (what's happening to the uk) I wonder.

Hi, Ubergeek63.
Yes digikey was my 1st call, along with RS , farnell, & ebay.
I am finding this more & more lately,on various projects.
I suppose its the same for most people though.
How did people build projects before the internet evolved,they couldnt
possibly have searched the world for parts then ?.

It seems I have no option but to pay big shipping for this project,
As nearly every voice recorder project has obsolete parts.

Boncuk, if you can maybe please post the link to the page of the
ISD2590, then I will probably go with this ,(hope they speak english)
or I will be stuffed.

transistance, I think your suggestion may be outside of my skills,
and price range ,but thank you so much for your time and post.

Its going to ballance now on the 0zzy hk828 , or ISD2590,whatever
totals out to be the cheapest way.

Thanks & regards to all.

hi boncuk,
The Electromaster has found a problem with the attachments, with the new forum software,
he has asked us not to delete any files at this time.
Its going to corrected.

Regards

Hi Eric,

thanks, but a little late. I deleted all already, having a virgin account now. :)

Regards

Hans

Voice recording chip

Hi cobra148,

the link at reichelt is about two miles long. I don't know who sold them the software. If the type you are looking for is not written correctly, also meaning spaces the damn machine won't find anything.

Check at the left hand top corner where it says "Suchen" Type in ISD 2560 P, and don't omit the spaces.

In the meanwhile I'll try to find a data sheet of the HK828. It was not available at datasheetarchive.

If you prefer using this because it is also relatively cheap and not obsolete I'll make a new design with that chip for you.

Regards

Hans

Last edited:
Voice recording chip

Hi cobra148,

got the datasheet now.

Which of the possible wirings do you prefer?

- Tape mode
- Tape mode auto rewind
- Random access mode (for random access mode I will design a separate keyboard to be connected via a ribbon cable connector).

BTW, the LED current limiting resistors are given as to be 100K!! I doubt that this is correct.

Regards again

Hans

Hi Eric,

thanks, but a little late. I deleted all already, having a virgin account now. :)

Regards

Hans

Hi Hans,
Me too.!

Electromaster sent me a PM, advising he's going to try to recover them.

Hope he can.:)

Hi Hans,
Me too.!

Electromaster sent me a PM, advising he's going to try to recover them.

Hope he can.:)

I hope so too. The old DOS was somehow better to handle. There was a nice instruction named "undelete" and all deleted files showed up with a "~" in the first place of the file name. Just replace that sign with the original letter and the file was restored.

There should be a good chance to do it using microsoft software as long as there was no defragmentation done before undeleting.

Regards

Hans

I hope so too. The old DOS was somehow better to handle. There was a nice instruction named "undelete" and all deleted files showed up with a "~" in the first place of the file name. Just replace that sign with the original letter and the file was restored.

There should be a good chance to do it using microsoft software as long as there was no defragmentation done before undeleting.

You're rather assuming the forum runs under Windows?, it's more probably running under Linux - although it could be either. But in any case, it's unlikely that the files have been deleted, just removed from the forum files index.

Hi Hans,
your offer of designing a layout for the HK828 is extremely nice of you.

I have looked at the data sheet, and If I understand it correctly think that
random access mode is preferable.

Need to understand some of the below things....
Does this mean 8 short messages can be recorded ?.
Could I use switches for each message i:e if in vehicle (message 1 = "lights on") (message 2 = door open) ect ?.
If the side light switch was turned on, or the door switch grounded indicating door open would the relevant message be possible ?.

I notice the HK828 max voltage is 7v , so I guess you would incorporate a
5v regulator in the design for the 13.8v running voltage of the vehicle.

Are you offering me a schematic & pcb artwork silk ect for your design ?. If so
this would be excellent,as I wouldnt want to screw up, If I had to draw
a pcb layout.

If not, then please forgive my assumption, as you have been more than
kind with your help so far.

Another problem for me would be having more of the hard to get components
being part of the design,so a design with readily available components
would assist me greatly.

Many thanks to you hans,its good to know that people like yourself
exist ,& are willing to help others.

Best regards.
Stuart.