Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voice Recognition ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolguy

Hi,

I found this chip for Voice Recognition Hm2007 then buy expensive V.R. module..
have any one used it before..?for any projects?

Well, the datasheet says "An intellengent recognition system can be built." ... I think the word "intellengent" says it all.

The keypad is used to teach the device. You enter the word number that you want to record (or erase). I think there are two second memories for 40 different words you can teach to the device.

Last edited:
OK, After that storage when someone will speak it will work for individual or everyone??

I have no idea.. even if they advertise something, I do not believe it.. Has anyone ever used voice recognition that worked? Has anyone ever wanted to use voice recognition? Voice recognition is useless.

Was it a "Girl Tech" one like this ? **broken link removed**

I bought my daughter one as well for Christmas and we had great fun pretending to be her to get it open ...

Yep that's the one..... She recorded the password when the radio was on!!!! Try and open it then!!!

Yep it's like paying a bill on the phone. "I didn't get that can we try agin." nope for the last time put a real person on the phone plz LOL

Well, have you ever used a system with voice recognition and thought "this is great!".. no. Nobody has.

Since we seem to be a little OT, let me add a quick answer.

Yes, higher end voice recognition systems work and are great. In my profession, they cut transcription time, reduced cost, and improved our service turn-around time. Moreover, there was minimal training for each of the >10 people using it.

But, our system did not need to understand the words. Hence, our bad experiences with such so-called "intelligent' systems at the power company are probably universal.

John

This module is costly but i think its fine..

Once again.. use your money to buy PicKit. It has a logic analyzer, so you can debug all the I2C stuff you are struggling with. Don't waste your money on this voice recognition chip.

Once again.. use your money to buy PicKit. It has a logic analyzer, so you can debug all the I2C stuff you are struggling with. Don't waste your money on this voice recognition chip.
yep that would be a good start

As ALWAYS, I am late in replying to a thread. If this helps.

I have had two colleagues use the chip but it hasn't performed satisfactorily (as should be expected). I know, voice recognition technology is getting better (SIRI) but I assure you that the HM2007 does not do that. It does recognise words but not always. If you are building a robot, I suggest you also look for a computer aided system in which you perform the recognition as backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back