Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to interface a camera and microsd card for my project?"Car Plate Recognition System with 8051"

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeoh

Hi...i am now doing my school project with the title "car plate recognition system"..
so in my idea...i would like to interface a serial cmos camera with a 8051 and then save image captured into a microsd card which is like a smartphone. But first i nit sure what kind of cmos camera i should use and can a mircosd card use to save image in 8051? i am familiar with assembly language compare to c language... so what is the algorithm i can use to write my coding and save the picture in sd card?
Thanks for ur help.

ps:sorry if have any grammar error

Hi and thanks for reply.
From what i get from internet, cmos camera output is in digital form but i not sure the information i get is right or not.
Now i have a old cctv camera which still functional and model "CCTV 420TVL 1/3" Sony CCD CXD3142R Chip Board with 3.6mm Lens for Security Camera" . And it has 3 pin connection, 12v, gnd, and video output. Is it also analog output and can i use it in my project?☺

Attachments

• mmexport1444388415926.jpg
    mmexport1444388415926.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 464
Security camera is probably analog.
USB type camera is digital.
I looked at one of my cameras. It has 540X420=226,800 pixels. That is more than the 64,000 memory locations the 8051 can address. That is one of many reasons I think it is the wrong computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back