Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voice playback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oznog

What's available as a chip that can play back recorded sounds, AND is electronically programmable? I'd like to be able to play messages to the user and piece together numbers/words into new phrases.

I saw the WinBond's ISD2560, et al, but they're not electronically programmable and I would not want to piece together a system where each chip had to be individually recorded in analog form.

I saw how the memory banks could be configured as sound or EEPROM data. The datasheet said nothing of it, but could the memory be configured as data, written digitally, and reconfigured as sound? Is the storage format known? If not, I suppose you could always just clone a reference chip if they can be read & written like that.

What chips are available that can do this? Preferrably with a PC interface and a programmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back