Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voice Over Powerline (in-house)

Status
Not open for further replies.
le_chiffre said:
How fast is X10?, and how fast are you wanting to go?.
The question is how slow X10 is, and the answer is 20 bit/s.
I don't want any specific data rate, but if I can obtain better data rates without complicating (is that the word?) the circuit and software too much, so welcome...

When I say 'simple', I mean not too complex modulation, like spread-spectrum. I was thinking maybe there is a protocol that use, I don't know, QPSK, or something like that....

thank you again

300 baud and 1200 baud should be easily possible, using simple tone techniques, just as it is down a phone line.

le_chiffre said:
using simple tone techniques, just as it is down a phone line

ehhhh, soory, I think I don't know what you mean. How is this technique?
A soprano sings the logic "highs" and a baritone, the logic "lows".

You could also have them sing in a duet. Then it's called DTMF touch-tone. :lol:

audioguru said:
A soprano sings the logic "highs" and a baritone, the logic "lows".

You could also have them sing in a duet. Then it's called DTMF touch-tone.

I see... Well, that may work, but I was looking for some protocol already implemented, not to start a new one myself. Anyway, it may be useful some day later so I'll keep it in mind.

Thank you very much, and I like that poetic way of explaining electronics.

le_chiffre said:
I was looking for some protocol already implemented, not to start a new one myself.
An ordinary dial-up 300 to 9600 baud modem has a soprano and a baritone inside. Don't you hear what they are doin' at night? :wink:
Their daytime job is a standard modem protocol or ordinary touch-tone signalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back