Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Visio VW32L Intermittent Power Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricN

Hello guys, I have been searching through your forums here and have noticed a large number of you guys who have extensive knowledge in television repairs. It is wonderful and very respected that you offer your time and knowledge to strangers over the web and I thank you for that.

My Issue:
I have a 32 inch VW32L HDTV20A television that is out of warranty. The TV doesn't ever want to power up on the first attempt. In order to get the TV to turn on, you have to unplug it, swat it right in the center of the back panel, plug it back in, then turn it on. You may have to repeat this process 3 or 4 times before it finally comes on.

I'm positive it's not the power board because the amber VIZIO light on the front of the TV always has power. Once you smack it around and turn it on as stated above, the VIZIO light turns white and the TV powers on. I took the TV to a small local TV repair place here in my community and the guy swore it was the power board. I replaced the power board completely with a brand new one from encompass parts and it still has the same issue.

Finally, once you get the TV to come on, it takes on a mind of its own. Sometimes it will shut off after a few minutes, sometimes it will stay on all night...sometimes it will make a loud screeching noise and you have to unplug it to turn it off because the buttons or remote wont work...sometimes the screen scrambles and the audio goes away...it's driving me nuts because I'm unsure what part/board to replace and I'm getting tired of beating up my TV just to get it to power on. Of course, all Visio told me to do was hold the power button for 20 seconds to "reset the board" (does that ever work? haha).

Your advice is appreciated, thank you gentlemen!

-Eric-

Hello guys, I have been searching through your forums here and have noticed a large number of you guys who have extensive knowledge in television repairs. It is wonderful and very respected that you offer your time and knowledge to strangers over the web and I thank you for that.

My Issue:
I have a 32 inch VW32L HDTV20A television that is out of warranty. The TV doesn't ever want to power up on the first attempt. In order to get the TV to turn on, you have to unplug it, swat it right in the center of the back panel, plug it back in, then turn it on. You may have to repeat this process 3 or 4 times before it finally comes on.

I'm positive it's not the power board because the amber VIZIO light on the front of the TV always has power. Once you smack it around and turn it on as stated above, the VIZIO light turns white and the TV powers on. I took the TV to a small local TV repair place here in my community and the guy swore it was the power board. I replaced the power board completely with a brand new one from encompass parts and it still has the same issue.

Finally, once you get the TV to come on, it takes on a mind of its own. Sometimes it will shut off after a few minutes, sometimes it will stay on all night...sometimes it will make a loud screeching noise and you have to unplug it to turn it off because the buttons or remote wont work...sometimes the screen scrambles and the audio goes away...it's driving me nuts because I'm unsure what part/board to replace and I'm getting tired of beating up my TV just to get it to power on. Of course, all Visio told me to do was hold the power button for 20 seconds to "reset the board" (does that ever work? haha).

Your advice is appreciated, thank you gentlemen!

-Eric-

Check here, https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/vizio-32-vw32l-heat-sink-problem-loose.111555/ , it seems to be a common problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back