Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vinyl Cutter, Servo Camm-1 (Roland MFG), GX-24 Mainboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

KennyOnTap

Hey all,
First time here on the forum.
Ok I have done a couple of mainboard repairs in the past on an old camcorder and on a micker line machine used for checks. I fixed a nintendo before also but this is the first thing that I am working on that there is no obvious damage. I think I have found a blown resistor but I am not entirely sure as I can not find any schematics for this particular motherboard.

I measured the resistance at 1.8 ~ 1.9 Ω (which seems high).

It looks like the cover has blown off the resistor. My electrician friend said wire a potentiometer in and play with the resistance value to see if I can get the machine to work.

Which brings me to the initial problem. The machine powers on, the carriage immediately moves all the way to one side (as it should) but then bumps into the wall and displays "motor error" on the LCD display. There is a photosensor (mounted on the carriage) that is supposed to pick up on the 'end of track tab' and tell the motor (IC for stepper) to stop moving. The ribbon cable in the picture goes directly to the carriage for all of the controls on it. (photosensor x 2 and solenoid). I am thinking that the resistor is supposed to bring the voltage signal to within parameters for the IC and I am assuming that is not happening or the high resistance is jacking with the signal.

Any ideas? I am not even sure this is a resistor. No labeling on it and it looks deformed even under a magnifying glass. Haven't seen this before. Comments Please!

20210527_021424.jpg

Any chance of getting an in focus picture of the item? It looks to have a green line at one end which would suggest a diode. What are the numbers on the resistor (R68?) directly to the left of it? Can you also get a picture of the photo sensor?

Mike.
Edit, it looks more like an LED than a diode, along with the resistor it could be to indicate that the home sensor has been activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back