Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vietnam Era Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reloadron

Most Helpful Member
While reading the thread "Any Idea about this music" I got to thinking I would share a music site I really enjoy and frequently just click a play list on and drift away at the computer.

I was a child of the 60s, born in 1950 in Brooklyn, NYC. I lived the 60s and am a combat veteran of Vietnam. Those who were alive during those years know it was an incredible era of time. Those years spawned what I still feel today was some of the best expressive music ever written outside some classics and big band sounds.

Years ago my brother-in-law a retired US Marine Corps Captain and Vietnam Veteran turned me on to this site:

https://chu65nang67.us/nam/vietnam.html

There you will find hundreds of tunes on great play list of those incredible years. As the website owner (another former Marine) says:

"Kick back and grab a cold one...."

You need to open the site in MSIE, the site will not run in Firefox or on Apple systems. Get familiar with the site and how to navigate it. Note where you can click for the version of the site where the play list can be streamed without selecting one song at a time. The trick is learning the navigation and how to use the play list and move around.

I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do.

Ron

Last edited:
Thanks for the thanks. :)

Thank you for the input as to Chrome. I have Chrome and never tried it so my bad.

I think people will find the site has an interesting collection of music. Sometimes during the evening with the wife on her computer and me on mine we compete to name the songs and artist. Other times after she goes up to bed I just enjoy a few beers and drift back in time. Just something about the nostalgia I guess. :)

Ron

Welcome home brother, and thank you for your service!

Thanks for supplying that site. Its been many years since I've heard some of those songs.

Merv USN '64-68 Nam 66-67

Welcome home brother, and thank you for your service!

Thanks for supplying that site. Its been many years since I've heard some of those songs.

Merv USN '64-68 Nam 66-67

Hi Ya Merve and thank you back. Really good selection of tunes huh? I was USMC and DaNang '72 when they brought the Marines back into Nam.

Ron

Missed Nam by a couple years, but I spent half of my 10 year military career on the East German frontier. I have always been partial to Merle Haggard and George Jones.

Last edited:
Jimi Hendrtix, All along the watchtower. Missed the Nam, but did my service time just after and Rock was king. Great link to the "oldies" tunes reload
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back