Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Video transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziddik

are there any circuits that can be used to transmit channels from a cable network? I mean there are lots of tv channels in a home-to-home cable network (42 channels at my area) so can we retransmit all the channels using a single transimtter to a short distance? Thanx
"U will learn more when you fail everytime"
µ

you will need a very wideband amplifier. not all cable channels correspond to the standard off-air channel numbering scheme, and many cable systems run the gamut from 6Mhz to over 700Mhz you would be limited most likely to whatever range of frequencies are near the resonant frequency of any antenna you would have connected. also, your local/national agency in charge of radio spectrum usage might not take kindly to your retransmission of wideband video signals. public officials have no sense of humor, it's part of their job description.

So what kind of transmitter i need? I already got a cable connection to my home and all i want to do is retransmit all those channels wirelessly to the other rooms of my house.. Is there any simple circuit to do it?

with the reshuffling of cable channels and the wideband nature of the blocks of cable channels, you're better off running cables. the interference and signal loss problems you would encounter wouldn't make retransmitting worth the effort, plus the fact that with a transmitter and antenna, you would only be able to retransmit a small block of channels efficiently if at all. the cost of a transmitter capable of rebroadcasting large blocks of channels would cost more in parts than the cost of cable and signal splitters.

This is most attractive documents
spam attempt?????????
Yosemite Sam Award candidate?????????
we'll probably never know.... he forgot to insert the link

edit.... Shaymal had an advertising link in his signature, tnx mod for removing it..... maybe a "Yosemite Spam" award?????

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back