Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

video circuit for sculpture

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan r

hello all, i need help designing a *very* simple circuit.

i'm building a sculpture in which there is a TV hooked up to two
NTSC video sources. I need to switch between them using a momentary
switch, so that touching the switch flips to the other video source and STAYS there(until you hit it again OR hit another momentary switch).

there could be two switches- one to switch and one to 'reset' to the original source. they both must be momentary so you can see the need for a controller board. any really simple ideas? using relays maybe? i can't quite figure this out.

dan

I think this is what you want:

Attachments

• VideoSwitch.gif
    VideoSwitch.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 470
i thing it would be better to use a cd4013 because you can have a switch as the one you have as well as a set and reset switch....

I think SEBI's idea would be better since the relay circuit will generate noise during changeovers which is annoying.

On the other hand, dan r did say "a *very* simple circuit". Maybe noise isn't an issue, in which case the relay idea is better. Dan, what's your thoughts?

I forgot to put free-wheeling diodes across the relay coil. Don't forget to connect them in reverse (cathode facing +12V) to protect digital ICs from large transients generated by relay coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back