Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Video card EVGA GT 640 the component marked is exactly SOT-363 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aug

Hello. All good with you ? Thanks for reading my topic.
I have novice eletronic knowledge.
I have an damaged video card model EVGA GT 640.
That video card was analyzed only one component is damaged. Not damages in vcore area.
That component is melted being hard to identify. Have 6 pins ( 3 in each side ).
In image the component is between red lines.

That component is the SOT-363 , SOT-363-3 or SOT-363-6 ? both are similar ?
I see another detail about SOT being polarity ... that SOT is NPN , N-channel or P-channel ?
SOT-363 , SOT-363-3 or SOT-363-6 are only NPN ?

Thanks for reading.
Have an nice week.

Attachments

• 4.jpg.20cb0822a2bf5e526249a706aa479c8a.jpg
    4.jpg.20cb0822a2bf5e526249a706aa479c8a.jpg
    505.9 KB · Views: 145
It appears to be a six pin device, so likely a dual transistor.

Those are often complementary types, with one NPN and one PNP in the same package - but it is possible that it was two of the same type..

Some examples:

I've tried to find a good high resolution photo of one of those GPUs so see if any markings are visible, but unfortunately yours is a low profile versions and pictures of those are far less common than of the full height one; I can't find any with good enough detail.

rjenkinsgb

Hello. All good with you ?

Yes ... that component have 6 pins.
Unhappily not is possible for me post another screenshot. Also the component is melted.

I am novice in eletronics. Thus I not understand if only buying an "SOT-363" is correct.
Well ... is possible to be an dual NPN.
However I not understand if that type of component need identify others details as voltage, current and etc.
The only naming I need to identify if is an NPN , N-channel or PNP ? SOT-363 , SOT-363-3 or SOT-363-6 ?
That type of component SOT-363 need values about voltage , current and etc ?
I seeking SOT-363 has some variations in voltage.

The "SOT-363-6" part only relates to the package or "casing" of the part and has no relationship to the electronics inside, other than it cannot have more than six external connections.

There are components ranging from transistors through logic gates and MCUs (small computers) made in that same or similar packages! (Though the Q prefix in its ID, means likely a transistor).
eg.

Without the original part number, or a circuit diagram, I'm afraid it is impossible to know for certain exactly what was in that location.

Also, what caused the original to fail? There could be other faults on the board and a new replacement could burn up as well.

I have used an cell phone camera to read that component and was possible read the naming.
That component have the naming K6N27 and have 6 pins.
However I not see any component to buy using internet search using the naming K6N27.

Thanks very much for any help.

Small surface mount devices such as that often use a two or three character ID code, sometimes with a date code or factory code added.

The ID has no connection to the actual part number, other than being given somewhere in the manufacturers data sheet. There are a few "indexes" that people have created to cross-reference possible parts, but any one two-character code could be any of a a dozen or more devices and all it does is help pin it down slightly.

The most likely part appears to be a MMDT3904, which is made by numerous manufacturers and coded K6N by at least three of those, though I've not yet found one that definitely uses a two digit date code after that.

There is no absolute guarantee that's correct, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back