Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

video 2 dvd or vcd

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsvgtsr1

hi all
im looking for a progam to take movies recorded of tv and re record them onto dvd or vcd. either or both progams will do as i only have a cd burner at the moment and maybe a dvd burner when i can afford it. thanks to all :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well the program I use to create VCD's is TMPGEnc, it's pretty straightforward, but needs some work to optimize write time, also it can't take them directly from TV, you have to get another program, and hardware to convert it to either an AVI file, or MPEG file, also some codec's will not be accepted by the program, so just be sure to choose the right one, I didn't and wasted about a day of decoding/encoding, when I finally finished, the VCD was off a bit on screen size, and ended up chopping off about 1 inch off of each side of the video.

However depending on what system you're using you can get the stuff pretty cheap.

Like if you're running Linux, some guy actually created the hardware to make a tivo for you're computer, so you program when you want it to record, and when you want it to stop, it also automatically cuts out commercials (they send a different kind of signal, and the guy who created the hardware figured out the signal and learned how to filter it)

The actual hardware only costs about $10, and the software is free (being linux which is the most kick ass operating system out there, did I mention it too is free! heh)

As for a link I don't know where to get it, try searching for "Tivo"+"Linux" on google.

Oh, but unlike a real tivo, Linux Tivo is only able to capture one channel at a time, whereas a real tivo, can capture up to five channels/shows, at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back