Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

vibrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

electroman

How do you make something vibrate like a controller or a computer mouse with an on and off switch. Please Reply. Thnx

you need a motor with a weight hanging off one side of the axil, then when the motor turns the weight isn't distributed evenly and that causes the motor and what ever its mounted to to vibrate. **broken link removed** try this site they have what you want, you can buy one from them or use the pictures to make your own.

on how to make a joystick vibrate when you hit something or something like that i can't help you there.

making a joystick vibrate

Hi,

No expert here on the subject, but game writing programs like DarkBasic have a command to cause the joystick or wheel to vibrate when you want them to, like when you hit a wall or another car, or get hit by some enemy. (assuming the joystick has 'force feedback')

If you are talking about the other way, like in a pager or a phone, like the other guy said allelectronics has them, look under motors or buzzers, I think. If you have a clear cybiko you can see one from the back or bottom just below the NiMH batteries, and it triggers when games like pinball hits a bumper.

It might be fun to take a small motor and build one, but I don't know how reliable it would be, or how hard to make one out of something other than metal. (the off center weighted piece that goes on the motor shaft, that is)

anyone here actually build somethng like that before? I imagine it couldbe fun to build a simple circuit to trigger the motor when a light or sound is made. put it in a box or some common container and watch the fun.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back