Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help: music input vibrate output

Status
Not open for further replies.

benyaki

I need help designing or even just putting together something for an interresting project. My sibling is making a dress for part of her masters which requires to have a music (via ipod, of course) input, and requires a vibrating output to pulse to low frequencies.
I have found a couple "vibrator" items that might work, but are a little costly, considering a large number of them are required.
I am wondering if someone has some input; is there something already that exists that i could piece together, or get some help designing from the ground up?

Basically just need a music input with vibration on the low frequencies for output. The easier thing i can thing of weighs about 30kg involving battery, cross over, amp, and some small vibrating motors (I'm a car audio kind of guy). She says that's too much :)

Thanks for the help

Do u need like a vibrato units used in musical instruments? if u do u might want to search for guitar vibrato like this one **broken link removed** . u may have to put a filter over there if u want only low freq to vibrate. Basicly u need a VCA, a filter and an oscilator to drive the vca. If this is what u want i can give u more schematics on guitar vibrato units.
But the simplest solution as i see it, if its not live music then use a computer software (like adobe audition) to generate the effect u want and then save it to ur ipod and play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back