Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VFD Stuf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Someone Electro

I have a old VFD from a VCR and the only way i got it to light up is whith a sparcer from a lighter but i want o light it up whith normal DC

Someone Electro said:
I have a old VFD from a VCR and the only way i got it to light up is whith a sparcer from a lighter but i want o light it up whith normal DC

A VFD is basically a valve (tube), they work off high voltages and require a heater supply. Probably the best idea is to measure everything you can off the old VCR - some of them actually use a small inverter to provide both the high voltage and heater supply (often in a metal can - so it's easy to remove and use). You will also need high voltage drivers to feed it, bearing in mind most of them are multiplexed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back