Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to build variable frequency drive (VFD) with MPPT facility for solar pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have a solar pump with 3hp capacity, with 8Ampere current rating . To control the pump i need to design a variable frequency drive(VFD) with Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) facility.

VFD is a type of adjustable-speed drive used in electro-mechanical drive systems to control motor speed and torque by varying motor input frequency and voltage.

VFD is a power conversion device. The VFD converts a basic fixed-frequency, fixed-voltage sine-wave power(line power) to a variable frequency, variable-voltage output used to control speed of motors.

Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,

Nitin Arun Kallole
Sangli-416416
Maharashtra

Sounds like a job for a processor, quite a powerful one...

Parameters directly controlled by the processor are VFD output voltage and output frequency.
Dependent parameters to be measured by the processor are Solar panel voltage and current.

May be misunderstanding this question, but you say "solar" and "VFD". Since a variable frequency drive (VFD) is an AC device, what are you converting the DC from the solar panel into AC with? And you mention no voltage values that your using.

To me, a VFD is a fancy switch-mode power supply which can synthesize a sine wave with frequency variable from a few Hz up to ~double or triple line frequency. It happens to rectify the AC line to make DC, but that is incidental to its operation. The DC could just as easily come from a solar panel or a battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back