Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VFD Dot Matrix Graphic Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

vne147

Does anyone know a good source to get cheap surplus VFD dot-matrix graphical displays? I did a quick search on the interweb but nothing popped up. I'm starting a project and I'd like to use one. Thanks.

That depends, you looking for one or two?

If that is the case I would hit ebay, there are many salvage parts available. However, as stated, cheap and VFD don't got together.

-BaC
Does anyone know a good source to get cheap surplus VFD dot-matrix graphical displays? I did a quick search on the interweb but nothing popped up. I'm starting a project and I'd like to use one. Thanks.

Does anyone know a good source to get cheap surplus VFD dot-matrix graphical displays?

Yes.

Check out the following eBay seller for some surplus, NOS, Beckman 1x40 VFD display modules from 1984 for $10 BIN, plus S/H. I have one running right here as I type this. I reverse engineered it and have drawings available too.

Although the seller appears to have none listed right now, I know he still had some available last I checked. Drop him a line:

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

No need to get bent out of shape. I was planning on contacting the person you suggested but I'm also looking elsewhere.

Ah, isn't communication wonderful. I'm pretty sure I'm not bent out of shape, but thanks for asking :)

(Whereas you asked for a source, and whereas I provided one, and whereas you responded to such by speaking to something else, i.e. it seemed you were answering your own question of where to find a VFD, it certainly wasn't clear to me by your communication that you noticed the referenced source. I thus followed up by reminding you of said source. A simple acknowledgment would have cleared the matter. Since there wasn't one, your position was unclear.

More plainly: Dude, I can't divine what's in your mind. I can only speak to what you wrote, which did not include something like, "Oh yeah, I'll get a hold of him.")

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back