Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

velleman kit mk160

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevn35

Hello,
has any one have to deal and construct a velleman kit mk160. It is suppose to light up whith a cell phone hook-up. I put in a 12v ac even though it calls for a 12v dc. is there a difference. I am trying to see if it will light up but it does not with ac current. can some one help me.:confused::(

Without seeing the cct I am moved to ask why you powered it with AC when the instructions required DC. Would you put diesel in a petrol car & expect it to run ?

It has an Idiot Diode in series with its DC input jack. The diode will rectify 12VAC and produce 16VDC in pulses.

It turns on a relay when it sees the light turn on of the cell phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back