-ve from a +ve rail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b.rad

i have a 24V dc bus, and i need a +15V and -15V rail for some opamps....how do i create a -15V rail?

i found a chip pt6645, but i cant get ahold of 1.

What do your op-amps do?

It's possible you could use AC coupling capacitors if it's AC or use a virtual earth circuit, if it's DC.

The op-amps are for signal conditioning (offset/gain) before going into a dsp, so dc application. Another student developed the cards, and I don’t want to go and redesign his work unnecessarily. The stipulate rails for the circuitry is +- 15V, but 12 will work just as well.

Further to my rather short posting, if you change to an LM2576HVT-15 it will give 15V. If you are only powering a couple of op-amps it is a lot more powerful than you need, but you can use that principle with just about any buck regulator.

Charge pump converters are suitable when low power is required. If +/-12 Volts are fine, you can invert +12 V with an ICL7662 or similar (newer?) ICs. Your input voltage limits the choice of the converter amongst few devices, though.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/09/ICL7662-Si7661.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…