Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Valpey Vf900 oscillator modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr pepper

Most Helpful Member
So I have a few of these crystal oscillators salvaged, Vp900479, marked up as 106.25 mhz oscillators, I have other f req's too.
I'm having trouble getting data for it, even a pinout, dove electronics supply them but there website isnt any use data wise.
I dont really even know if these are xo's, vcxo's or even tcxo's.
Any idea's on pinout?, I might just try one connected the same way as a standard 14 pin dil oscillator module and see if it works or blows up.

Pictures do help. Its not one of these is it?
XTAL OSC.1.JPG
XTAL OSC.2.JPG

Hi Debe, no its an smd not a standard brick package:
**broken link removed**
I did find in the end that the pinout is the same as the standard brick, only pin 1 is output enable.
Some of the Vf900 modules say they are a oven controlled module, no idea if mine are or not, valpey dont seem to want folks getting data for them.
I have a few of these, if you put a tuned dipole direct on the o/p they go a surprising distance, they'd make a easy little beacon.

For anyone looking for pinouts on these modules, they are the same as the pic above.

Or:

1 output enable, active high
2 deck
3 clock o/p
4 3.3 / 5v juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back