Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using fused CFL lamp tube by bypassing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willen

Hi, I have many outdated CFL lamps and Most of them has fused tubes in one side. Normally fine electrod has around 5 ohms. Today I bypassed the fused one electrod ('Lamp1' in the circuit) with a wire, (another side was fine) and it is glowing same as good condition. But tube temperature is getting terribly hot. So I turned off the lamp. Ok, does this mean I can use the lamp with 5 ohms power resistor as bypass there? Or any inductor? Even if I got safe and durable 50% light using the method, it will be fine. Interesting!

Attachments

• CFL Lamp circuit.png
    CFL Lamp circuit.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back