Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using a switch to bypass 555 timer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjaguar13

I have LEDs that blink using a 555 timer. I want them to be able to stay on. How would I use a switch to do this? Would I need a SPST switch?

Please Specify

Hello,

When you say 'stay on' do you mean you want them to stay on after the first flash? If so I would recomend wireing the 555 as a monostable and connecting an inverter and thyristor to the output. You could have a switch on the tyristor if you want to turn the latching on or off (a standard on-off off-on latching spst should do). If not please explain.

afs87

Why not add a on/off switch to the power supply?? Or do you mean stop flashing but still stay on

One way is to wire the 555 as an astable, with threshold and trigger wired together. From their junction, connect the timing cap to ground and the timing resistor to output.

To make the output stay high, switch the th/tr junction to ground - to make it stay low, switch the junction to +ve rail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back